Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The offside rule explained for girls

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire.

Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes.

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and, *whilst it is in flight* you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes.

Always remembering that until the purse has *actually been thrown* it would be plain wrong to be forward of the other shopper.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You missed out:

another friend of yours has already pushed to the front and has had a look at the shoes but doesn't like them so is coming back.

It's a bit unfair on women isn't it? A couple of weeks ago, I heard someone behind me yell "offside" as a Leeds player went to receive a ball from the throw-in - much to the derision of his mates.

There are plenty of blokes who don't understand the laws too.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Gwylan said:
You missed out:

another friend of yours has already pushed to the front and has had a look at the shoes but doesn't like them so is coming back.

It's a bit unfair on women isn't it? A couple of weeks ago, I heard someone behind me yell "offside" as a Leeds player went to receive a ball from the throw-in - much to the derision of his mates.

I heard that as well. He looked so stupid after.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
good joke... but factually inaccurate given the references to throwing and catching....

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Gwylan said:
You missed out:

:rolleyes:
It's a joke where we get to like, laugh at women for being stupid and stuff.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's actually wrong. Not only do you need the shop assistant waiting patiently at the till, but her manager also needs to be in clear view, ready to pack the shoes away. And if she's not around, then you're already being a bit too rude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here