Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The Official Wimbledon 2012 thread ***

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
So it's that time of year again, Murray looks off form and has lost his last three competitive games on grass.

Nalbandian v Tipsarevic looks the best match of the opening day and that match is first up on Court 1.

Proceedings on the outside courts start at 11.30 on BBC Two and BBC HD

At which point will the Press stop calling him "The British Hope" and start calling him Scottish?

God I hate tennis but as the wife loves it I will now have to endure 2 weeks of it.:rant:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
This male commentator on BBC HD at the moment is awful, so bland.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So it's that time of year again, Murray looks off form and has lost his last three competitive games on grass.

Nalbandian v Tipsarevic looks the best match of the opening day and that match is first up on Court 1.

Proceedings on the outside courts start at 11.30 on BBC Two and BBC HD

Murray has a tough first match against Davydenko former world no. 3, but down a bit at abut 47 now. Still, not an easy start.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Berdych out without really trying, Isner gone as well. #6 and #11 seeds falling on the first day. I hear Venus Williams is gone too? Nightmare for her, usually she waits for the Bulgarian Beauty, the fantastically brilliant, Tsvetana Pironkova to thrash her into submission.

Instead, the greatest Bulgarian woman, possibly ever, won her match today with no fanfare at all. I RACED home to watch her on the red button, she was in the process of finishing off her opponent (kindly, she lost the first set so I'd have something to watch), but the BBC did NOT show the end of her match. Even on the red button.

:rant:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Berdych out without really trying, Isner gone as well. #6 and #11 seeds falling on the first day. I hear Venus Williams is gone too? Nightmare for her, usually she waits for the Bulgarian Beauty, the fantastically brilliant, Tsvetana Pironkova to thrash her into submission.

Instead, the greatest Bulgarian woman, possibly ever, won her match today with no fanfare at all. I RACED home to watch her on the red button, she was in the process of finishing off her opponent (kindly, she lost the first set so I'd have something to watch), but the BBC did NOT show the end of her match. Even on the red button.

:rant:

Just to confirm, Williams lost 6-1 6-3 this afternoon

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Laura Robson's unfortunately lost in the first round :(

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Ivanovic through as well, love her!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
if we are discussing looks could we please ALL turn our attention to Maria Kirilenko v Sonia Cirstea friday!!! both hot

Hmmm, Maria, NSC's equivilent of Vienna by Ultravox, the best record never to have been number 1, how that yanky pole vaulter won I'll never know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here