Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL Wimbledon 2008 Thread

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I f***ing love Wimbledon fortnight....

Camping overnight for tickets, loads of Union Jack flags, Murray-Mania on Henman Hill, John Lloyd and Sue Barker expertly guiding us through all of the action. It's a great British sporting institution and I'll be glued to my box for the next fortnight.

:clap2:
:D

Classic crodo.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
..and Russian.

She [I assume it was Elena Baltacha?] is the daughter of Russian former Ipswich Town full back Sergei Baltacha.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
..and Russian.

She [I assume it was Elena Baltacha?] is the daughter of Russian former Ipswich Town full back Sergei Baltacha.

T'was

But this is what she beat so no loss there

041011-1258.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can those students, lay abouts and lucky people off work, please feel deep sorrow for those at work not lucky enough to be watching Ana who is about to emerge on Centre and Maria who is about to emerge on Court 18

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
..and Russian.

Ukrainian actually.

I thought she had a serious illness and had to give up tennis (it shows how much attention I pay)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ukrainian actually.

I thought she had a serious illness and had to give up tennis (it shows how much attention I pay)

They were all 'Russian' in those days, though.
Like our very own 'Russian', Sergei Gotsmanov, who was also Ukranian.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
you don't need a tv licence to access web services from the beeb.

If its live you do

"At the moment, the legal position is that you don't need a licence to watch TV purely on-demand, but you do if you are watching TV live (through any receiving device in the home).

So a live simulcast over the web from the BBC - of, say, the Beijing Olympics - will require a TV licence, but watching an on-demand (non-live) stream or download through the BBC iPlayer will not."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here