Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Who will our new manager be?" thread [Merged Threads]

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Curbishley for Brighton ?

Jest i not. Over the years we have had some decent managers all of them happy at Brighton save for Withdean. D/K has done well in that area. Therefore is it completely out of the question to rule out Alan Curbishley as manager ? We all know he played for Brighton and was at Charlton when they were in a mess.:albion:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
DAMANCLAY said:
Yep, I agree with all of that.

Some people on this board are insance, Hoddle, Curbishly, Sanchez, Sheringham?

3 of those is out of our league and one is a waste of time. Dave Penney is an excellent shout tho.

Exactly! What is it with all of you .WE ARE NOT A BIG CLUB!!! How often do you need to have to hear it to believe it. Not only are we not a big club we don't have any potential until we have a ground. One reason for having McGhee is he didn't seem to mind. In managerial terms we are on par with York City or... dare I say it... Crawley Town.

At this moment in time Brighton is a Manager's Graveyard. Before itwas just a footballers graveyard.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Great Chance

Its a great chance for an imaginative manager like Wilkins to weave his magic.

Of course he needs an early slice of 'lady luck' to allow him time to bed in and put his ideas in place.

Why do we all ask for 'experienced' managers, all of whom are likely to be recently sacked for their own failures.

Wilkins has a wealth of experience within the game and his contacts are likely to be vast.

Lets all get behind him its a great opportunity for him and us !!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Curbishley for Manager ?

Without doubt we have had some decent managers over the last few seasons,and thanks to Withdean (have left ) and done on to bigger and better things. D/K could just be able to pull-off a shock appointment in A/C I for one would not rule it out,say even just till the end off the season. :albion:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not a chance
Curbs, hes far too highly respected and will get offered any job that becomes available in the premiership, bar maybe the big three.
Shearer, no he wouldnt move down here.

Credible
Danny Wilson is a good shout, as is Penny. I cant see any reason why Shanchez wouldnt do a fine job here if he wanted it. Wilkins is likly a favorite but its not a clever idea. I think one of these are the credible candidates at the moment

in the stranger things have happened at sea catagory...
Sheringham, i can see that, why not? but with no experience, he's unlikly to do brilliantly.
Jamie Redknapp. but same as above.
Nigel Clough. he's got to move to a larger/league clubs one day hasn't he?

everthing else owuld be a bit leftfield i think.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nigel Clough to follow in his dads footsteps. I know he has only done non-league but everyone has to start somewhere.
How good would it be to see Curbs here tho. Wilkins as no2 and just for me Garry Nelson as a coach. Barry Lloyd doing some scouting or whatever proper old school

Stumpy Tim

Re: Curbishley for Brighton ?

Leekbrookgull said:
Jest i not. Over the years we have had some decent managers all of them happy at Brighton save for Withdean. D/K has done well in that area. Therefore is it completely out of the question to rule out Alan Curbishley as manager ? We all know he played for Brighton and was at Charlton when they were in a mess.:albion:

If it didn't work out, he would be screwed forever

hove actually

Sep 8, 2006
Hove
Has anyone mentioned Brian Horton ?

His latest charges (Macclesfield) aren't doing too well and he has been there since 2004 so must be time for a change. Despite his recent performance I think most supporters would welcome him back with open arms.

Barring that I think the Sheringham suggestion sounds good.

Although being a realist I expect Dean Wilkins to be confirmed as boss following 2 weeks of interviews and press statements about managers turning us down due to the stadium issue (no such thing as bad publicity for this issue !!!)

Stevie_boy said:
Curbs would be great, but we have more chance of mghee coming back than curbs

Read earlier today that Curbs has now had his break from football and is looking for a way back in. However, not with a premiership club.

Ex player, wants a challenge, knows the club. Falmer almost on the horizon, lives fairly local?

It's not a bad shout. (or wishful thinking).

Jul 25, 2006
Wilkins has done a great job with the youths but i don't think he'd cut the mustard at the helm. Two or three poor results and the fans would be against him soon enough.

Knight has got something up his sleeve without out a doubt. With Booker going you can bet your life someone is already lined up with their own team.

My money is on CURBS.

But Dick - why didn't you just do this 3 months ago !?!?!?! :angry:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> said:
Wilkins has done a great job with the youths but i don't think he'd cut the mustard at the helm. Two or three poor results and the fans would be against him soon enough.

2 or 3 good ones though would probably settle the issue, i dont think anyone is lined up at the mo, DK will see what happens over next 2 or 3 games, before making a decision.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
hove actually said:
Has anyone mentioned Brian Horton ?

His latest charges (Macclesfield) aren't doing too well and he has been there since 2004 so must be time for a change. Despite his recent performance I think most supporters would welcome him back with open arms.
Could he bring The BEAR with him?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Dream choice:

Curbishley with Wilkins as his assistant.

Very Acceptable choice:

Sanchez with Wilkins as his assistant.

Unlikely but possible:

Lennie Lawrence
Nigel Clough
Gary Owers
Someone nobody has heard of, aka Adie Boothroyd at Watford.

No thanks:

Danny Wilson, my all time favourite Albion player, would hate to see him tarnish my opinion by becoming a poor manager.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
And the next manager is.....(rustle ,rustle)...er,I can't open the envelope......SVEN GORAN.....ARGGHHHHH!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here