Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Who will our new manager be?" thread [Merged Threads]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My choice would be an untried manager who has just quit playing somebody like Jamie Rednap who would be able to borrow players from Dad to get established. Just finishing his coaching badges so media will go out of the window when the right job comes along.

Or somebody in the Nigel Winterburn, Tim Sherwood mould been a good player but not a star name.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
n1 gull said:
My only concern with Wilkins is, does he have contacts with other clubs, to bring in players?
Same here. I think we do need an experienced man with good contacts to work with Wilkins.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
crasher said:
Is Gary Megson out of work still?

In the name fo God no. He upset more players at Forest than McGhee managed in a lifetime.

The caretaker manager at Forest took over with the words 'Anyone could pick this team up now that Gary has left'

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
BensGrandad said:
My choice would be an untried manager who has just quit playing somebody like Jamie Rednap who would be able to borrow players from Dad to get established. Just finishing his coaching badges so media will go out of the window when the right job comes along.

Or somebody in the Nigel Winterburn, Tim Sherwood mould been a good player but not a star name.

Teddy Sheringham wants to leave West Ham now he's sixth in line for a first team spot!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People on here have mentioned some names like Curbs, Sherringham etc but one who needs to re-establish his credentials is David Platt dont be put off by the media work because the lure of day to day involvement will outweigh that e.g. Nigel Spackman.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
brian little

kevin keegan

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I can see it being Wilkins and an experienced or big name as his assistant. Apparently the board likes the setup at Watford ( Boothrooyd and Burkinshaw).

I think a Dean and Ray partnership is a good shout but apparently Ray is just too nice! Dean will have to be a tough but has shown he can do that with the youth team.

If it's going to be Dicks Choice I think you will see Danny Wilson with Wilkins his number 2.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
quote:I reckon it will be Laurie Sanchez

Me too, after the plastic paddies beat Spain he as good as said he is off by not talking to any media... I also heard on Radio London talk sport last night that DK is interested in him!:bowdown:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Finchley Seagull said:
I would appoint Dave Penney, ex Doncaster, if he wanted the job. Did a great job there.

Good shout.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I thought that when I saw on BBC yesterday that Sanchez wasn't happy with NI. Hmmm not sure.... he showed a lot of passion at Wycombe (remembering his reaction when Essandoh scored - when he saw it on a monitor in the dressing rooms having been sent from the dugout)...but has he achieved much?? Although beating England and Spain with a bunch of underdogs would be good on anyone's CV I guess

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
BensGrandad said:
People on here have mentioned some names like Curbs, Sherringham etc but one who needs to re-establish his credentials is David Platt dont be put off by the media work because the lure of day to day involvement will outweigh that e.g. Nigel Spackman.

Absolutely Not. Platt was another one given piles of Cash at Forest and spent it all on no name Italian players almost bankrupting the club in the process. Forest fans to this day trace their decline to him.

Jesus, Tony Adams will be mooted next.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Leroy

Rosenior, he still out of a job?

(wouldn't want him, but he had a chance last time)

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Knight's "Few Idea's" for Manager.

Who are they?

Alan Curbishley?
Paul Hart?
Kevin Keegan?
Sven Goran Erickson?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here