Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The Official - Unofficial Transfer/Rumours Thread ***

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
From the beloved Football-Rumours.co.uk shitsite.

Gus Poyet is believed to be interested in a move to his former club and Argentinian giants River Plate. Rumours begin to speculate about the team from Argentina as they want a new manager to help them secure a place in the top flight.

This news comes to a suprise to many Seagulls fans, as Gus has led them on to big things during his time in Brighton. Gustvano Poyet started his career in the Buenos Aires area with River Plate, and he has always wondered about a return to Argentina.

This news also comes as interesting news to Mauricio Tarrico, Poyet's assistant at the Swooping Seagulls. Tarrico will be able to follow Gus, and appeared originally home sick but now seems to have settled in England, but a return to Argentina would possibly be considered.

Many of the Millionares fans have mixed emotions about this possible swich, but President Daniel Passarella seems to have offered to nelogate with Brighton's man at the helm. It is also rumoured that as part of the deal, River Plate would be willing to loan out two of there key men, whom one of those current manager
Matías Almeyda once described as a 'shining gem'.

It seems unlikely that a deal would go through, but apparently the offer is there on the table if Poyet were to be interested.

0.5 / 5 Possibility

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Source: Shitshite Football-Rumours.co.uk​

• Papa Boupa Diop was at the Amex today, the free agent looks set to agree terms on a 1 year deal with Gus Poyet's Brighton.
    1 / 5
  • QPR front man in Jay Boothroyd is set to join Brighton as he has failed to make an impact in the QPR side since his move to the Premier League. Due for a medical tomorrow.
    2 / 5
  • Brighton in talks with Stoke striker Kenwynne Jones re a permanent move.
    2 / 5

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
To be fair StonehamPark, none of those 3 are completely out of the question, and a damn sight more realistic than quite a few of teh "rumours" I've read on here this summer.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Gus Poyet is believed to be interested in a move to his former club and Argentinian giants River Plate. Rumours begin to speculate about the team from Argentina as they want a new manager to help them secure a place in the top flight.

This news comes to a suprise to many Seagulls fans, as Gus has led them on to big things during his time in Brighton. Gustvano Poyet started his career in the Buenos Aires area with River Plate, and he has always wondered about a return to Argentina.

This news also comes as interesting news to Mauricio Tarrico, Poyet's assistant at the Swooping Seagulls. Tarrico will be able to follow Gus, and appeared originally home sick but now seems to have settled in England, but a return to Argentina would possibly be considered.

Many of the Millionares fans have mixed emotions about this possible swich, but President Daniel Passarella seems to have offered to nelogate with Brighton's man at the helm. It is also rumoured that as part of the deal, River Plate would be willing to loan out two of there key men, whom one of those current manager

It seems unlikely that a deal would go through, but apparently the offer is there on the table if Poyet were to be interested.

0.5 / 5 Possibility

Gus played for River Plate in Uruguay, not the club in Argentina with the same name.

The Argentinian press would not get this wrong.

The article probably doesn't exist and is possibly made up by the same Palace fan from Eastbourne that spouted on about River Plate on here last year.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
To be fair StonehamPark, none of those 3 are completely out of the question, and a damn sight more realistic than quite a few of teh "rumours" I've read on here this summer.

Agreed, hence the 2/5 possiblity rating. I just use the word 'shit-site' as 99/100 posts on there are school kids getting a 30 second buzz from posting ridiculous rumours.
I'll just keep this page updated every day or so up until the end of the transfer window and we can see how many (if any) are true.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wasn't there a guy on here a while back who was adamant that this was going to happen? He'd just returned from Argentina and said it was a dead cert. I'd going along with your probability rating though...

0.5 / 5 Possibility

LOVE that!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Wasn't there a guy on here a while back who was adamant that this was going to happen?

I hadn't seen it on here before to be honest.
It's a pretty strange rumour this one. If it's purely fictional, a bit of time and thought has gone into it which is not the trend of your typical bullshit-rumours.
I think there may be something in it, i.e a local S.A newspaper/sports journalist has hinted that it could become a possibility 'one day'. Someone may have seen this or heard it and came running with the news!

I think Gus will manage BHA for the next 2 seasons, move to two higher Premiership teams over a 5 year period and will finally move back to manage at international level in South America... Or something along those lines. :shrug:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wasn't there a guy on here a while back who was adamant that this was going to happen? He'd just returned from Argentina and said it was a dead cert. I'd going along with your probability rating though...

LOVE that!

He had the same unusual avatar as a BBS poster, and the same location - just a Palace fan making mischief.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't be arsed to check a year-old crap rumour to see who started it then - not sure why anyone is bothered to resurrect it bui I guess its a "look at me" thread so maybe no surprise

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I hadn't seen it on here before to be honest.
It's a pretty strange rumour this one. If it's purely fictional, a bit of time and thought has gone into it which is not the trend of your typical bullshit-rumours.
I think there may be something in it, i.e a local S.A newspaper/sports journalist has hinted that it could become a possibility 'one day'. Someone may have seen this or heard it and came running with the news!

I think Gus will manage BHA for the next 2 seasons, move to two higher Premiership teams over a 5 year period and will finally move back to manage at international level in South America... Or something along those lines. :shrug:

My mistake, it was this clown:

Independiente - Gus/Mauricio massive rumour

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Jordan Rhodes will move to Fulham and Huddersfield will use the money to sign Chris Wood (West Brom) and Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton)

1/5

That is god-awful.
Rhodes isn't moving anywhere this season and neither is CMS!
I reckon Chris Wood will move but who knows where. Possibly here.
Good spot!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Frederic Piquionne wanted by Brighton boss Gus Poyet

Source: FootballStories.co.uk

frederic-piquionne.jpg

Brighton boss Gus Poyet is in talks with West Ham over a move for striker Frederic Piquionne.

The 33-year-old Frenchman can quit Upton Park on a free transfer.

He is in the final year of his deal with the Hammers and is not part of Sam Allardyce's first team squad.

The former Portsmouth man spent time on loan at Doncaster last season, scoring twice in eight games.

But his presence failed to save Dean Saunders' men from dropping into League One.

SP Note. I hope not.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Source: FootballStories.co.uk

frederic-piquionne.jpg

Brighton boss Gus Poyet is in talks with West Ham over a move for striker Frederic Piquionne.

The 33-year-old Frenchman can quit Upton Park on a free transfer.

He is in the final year of his deal with the Hammers and is not part of Sam Allardyce's first team squad.

The former Portsmouth man spent time on loan at Doncaster last season, scoring twice in eight games.

But his presence failed to save Dean Saunders' men from dropping into League One.

SP Note. I hope not.

kenny -jones every time.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

0.5 / 5 Possibility

See more transfer tripe @ This Thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here