Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Uefa Champions League Thread

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Silent Bob said:
Obviously you didn't pay attention to Liverpool's run. =/

Erm in all honesty if it was a proper knockout formula from the start then Liverpool would not have got to the quarter finals. Fact.

What about teams who fulfil meaningless fixtures. Aderlecht v Lazio had to play a game when Leeds and Real Madrid already qualified from the group. Also Juve played Arsenal at the Stade Del Appi in front of 5000 fans. Arsenal beat Juve juniors 3-1 that nite. A nothing game played to fulfil TV schedules.

How can a team like Real Madrid that lost 4-1 to Bayern home ands AWAY actually get to the final (where I think they beat Valencia). Oh because it was a group game and they still had other fixtures to play.

Now tell me the whole thing isnt a joke and engineered to take any excitement away.

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Erm in all honesty if it was a proper knockout formula from the start then Liverpool would not have got to the quarter finals. Fact.

What about teams who fulfil meaningless fixtures. Aderlecht v Lazio had to play a game when Leeds and Real Madrid already qualified from the group. Also Juve played Arsenal at the Stade Del Appi in front of 5000 fans. Arsenal beat Juve juniors 3-1 that nite. A nothing game played to fulfil TV schedules.

How can a team like Real Madrid that lost 4-1 to Bayern home ands AWAY actually get to the final (where I think they beat Valencia). Oh because it was a group game and they still had other fixtures to play.

Now tell me the whole thing isnt a joke and engineered to take any excitement away.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here