Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Not one group stands out as a "big one"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dougal said:
I don't know anyone who wasn't gripped during Liverpools win . Cup football at it's best

Yeah the final. What about all the meaningless fixtures played out in half empty stadiums in the group phase

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yeah I did edit my post to include the odd wildcard entry!!!

But how those big teams moan when a small team like porto win it. I mean how dare they win the competition....

Oh Christ yeah - they hate it!

Didn't they try to change the rules again to make sure it never happens?

I don’t know how anyone can’t get excited about Champions league football. Ok, Not European teams, but when English teams are in and as far as I’m concerned they represent our country, fly the flag for English football. I couldn’t give a hoot about them in the premiershite but Europe? To right I do!!. So, some are saying you never tune in on a Wednesday night or Tuesday and have a peek, bloody liars the lot of you.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oceanic said:
I don’t know how anyone can’t get excited about Champions league football. Ok, Not European teams, but when English teams are in and as far as I’m concerned they represent our country, fly the flag for English football. I couldn’t give a hoot about them in the premiershite but Europe? To right I do!!. So, some are saying you never tune in on a Wednesday night or Tuesday and have a peek, bloody liars the lot of you.

Couldn't agree more. What's with this puritanical bullshit that you aren't a proper fan unless you watch shite football and shite football only week-in, and week-out.

It's the creme de la creme of club football. One of the reasons I always thought Brighton fans were quite knowledgeable is that we had quite a core that had seen us play in all four divisions in a relatively short space of time.

Obviously the newer generation haven't had that privilege, but I can't stand this tedious and ongoing diatribe against the Premiership and the Champions League.

You all want to be in the Prem, so slagging it off is just completely hypocritical. It doesn't mean you're less of Brighton fan, or that you wouldn't rather be watching us get a draw at Derby.

And to be honest if you can't at least appreciate the best of the Champions League, you really don't know much about the game. How can you? That's how the game should be played.

It's virtually a different sport from what I used to watch at Gillingham.

Tooting Gull said:
Couldn't agree more. What's with this puritanical bullshit that you aren't a proper fan unless you watch shite football and shite football only week-in, and week-out.

It's the creme de la creme of club football. One of the reasons I always thought Brighton fans were quite knowledgeable is that we had quite a core that had seen us play in all four divisions in a relatively short space of time.

Obviously the newer generation haven't had that privilege, but I can't stand this tedious and ongoing diatribe against the Premiership and the Champions League.

You all want to be in the Prem, so slagging it off is just completely hypocritical. It doesn't mean you're less of Brighton fan, or that you wouldn't rather be watching us get a draw at Derby.

And to be honest if you can't at least appreciate the best of the Champions League, you really don't know much about the game. How can you? That's how the game should be played.

It's virtually a different sport from what I used to watch at Gillingham.

I did lie about I couldn't care about the premiership. I'm not bothered if I miss the highlights but I always tune in and watch the big clashes. Like you said, we all dream of reaching the premiership and if we all hate it so much then we might as well stop following the Albion because that is what the club wants and all Albion fans want, THE PREMIERSHIP!!

Can just imagine it now, Not following the Albion anymore as we're in the Premiership. Going to follow Crawley Town !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yeah the final. What about all the meaningless fixtures played out in half empty stadiums in the group phase
Obviously you didn't pay attention to Liverpool's run. =/

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oceanic said:
Just say's everything about you dickhut.

Like what ?

The Champions League is of no interest to me what so ever, only BHAFC so WTF is your problem.

Albeit I will be interested in it if we ever get there.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Beach Hut said:
Like what ?

The Champions League is of no interest to me what so ever, only BHAFC so WTF is your problem.

Albeit I will be interested in it if we ever get there.
So why click on the thread? Were you just bursting to give us a witty incisive comment like ":yawn: :yawn: :yawn:" ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Silent Bob said:
So why click on the thread? Were you just bursting to give us a witty incisive comment like ":yawn: :yawn: :yawn:" ?

yes I was so there you go

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oceanic said:
Only over four and half fecking hours to reply. you really that thick it took you that long to come up with the answer? Doh!!

Do you really think I spend every minute of my spare time looking for a sarcastic response :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oceanic said:
Spare time? what spare time have you got? You've been online all evening reading NSCV, replying, sending-mails, etc. so you never reply after you've read something but are happy to respond a few hours later? Where's the middle finger smiley?

I respond to what is topical - CL means nothing to me until we are part of it.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I love football. I used to actually enjoy the European Cup when it was knockout stages and the big boys could be placed against a 'small' team and be knocked out.

Now with the league format, the bigger teams have basically ensured that the smaller teams will never prosper.

BORING. Why not just start with the quarterfinals with the same teams every year:

Man Utd
Juve
Milan
Inter
Real Madrid
Bayern
Barca
Chelsea

And every now and then throw a Liverpool, Arsenal, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Lazio into the mix.

Porto? Thats already 14 teams from 32. More competetive than the prem or championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here