Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Uefa Champions League Thread

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So what?

Falmer and us staying up are the only two things that matter.

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
brightonfan_86 said:
Chelsea could get drawn into the same group as Liverpool and Rangers.

that would be class, except I'd like to see Liverpool knock them out again a bit later on. Rangers in the same group as them would be interesting!!

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
where is the draw going to be? I think I heard it would be live online!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would have to be in a state of almost comatose boredom to watch that draw live online.

Got a link ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
maffew said:

Yup I agree the champs league is bollox. its a complete waste of time filled with meaningless fixtures other than the qualifiers and qtr finals onwards.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It's difficult to get excited about the group stages. Let's be honest they're about two things, ensuring Real Madrid, Man U et al get even more money and making sure the "unpopular" teams from smaller leagues with less potential TV revenue get eliminated before the later stages. The whole set-up just perpetuates the same boring teams reaching the quarter finals year after year.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Take no notice of the killjoys bf86, the CL group draw is one of the better moments of the season.

Some great clashes will emerge, and it is football at its club best, surely not to be sniffed at.

And the simple truth is that while it may be a less principled cometition these days, the quality is far higher. The Austrian champions are not, and never were, as good as the third-place team in England, Spain or Italy.

Obviously it gets more exciting later on - but that's like saying the FA Cup third round isn't exciting because it's at the beginning and there's some shit teams still in. Which is, as we know, a bollocks argument.

I'll take a passing interest in the Brit quintet, but am more bothered about the match schedule because if Barca or some other desirable destination have a home game on a date I can make with a well selected day off, I may well make the trip this year.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
brightonfan_86 said:
You wouldn't be saying that if Brighton ever got to the Uefa Champions league.

Damn right I wouldnt be saying it and I would actually give a toss about the premier league if Brighton were playing in it.

I only care about the competitions we are in and that my country England or Britain are competing in.

Sorry I thought this was a brighton message board!!!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Damn right I wouldnt be saying it and I would actually give a toss about the premier league if Brighton were playing in it.

I only care about the competitions we are in and that my country England or Britain are competing in.

Sorry I thought this was a brighton message board!!!

My god what a killjoy you're.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Tooting Gull said:
. The Austrian champions are not, and never were, as good as the third-place team in England, Spain or Italy.

I think thats bollocks. In the days pre bosman and pre Champions league and pre EU freedom of movement rules champions from smaller leagues were quite often a match for the best in England. It's only now when the half decent players all migrate to the "big" leagues to earn top dollar playing in the reserves that they have become so uncompetitive.

Last edited:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Has it started yet? BBC says delayed until 1530. Are they doing all the usual stuff where they talk for ages about how great the competition is and how great it was last time?! :angry:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
KinkyGoebels said:
IT WOULD BE BETTER IF NONE OF THE BRITS WOULD BE DRAWN TOGETHER TILL THE FINAL
what he said.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
GROUP A
Bayern Munich