Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL Tour de France, thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If his legs are still feeling ok this is the kind of stage Joaquim Rodriguez might set the cat amongst the pigeons. This kind of mountain stage should suit him.
50-1 on the link below.

Another cycling betting coup, perhaps?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SS had a big crash within the first 30mins, I don't know how serious, but is back in the peleton.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Second bet is VINOKOUROV to lead Contador in. I think someone would spoil this show though.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
SS had a big crash within the first 30mins, I don't know how serious, but is back in the peleton.

12.04pm: To everyone's huge relief Sanchez is back on his feet and, somehow, back on his bike. The Euskatel riders have all stopped to help him get back to the peloton and Contador, up at the front, has clearly heard the news and told everyone to slow down. All have, except Carlos Sastre who is riding away on his own.

12.03pm: We join today at a dramatic moment – Sammy Sanchez, third in the General Classification at the start of the today, has just been involved in a crash. I've not seen a replay of what happened, but he looks in a huge amount of pain, barely moving on the concrete.

This does somewhat put the kybosh on my forecast as I did not know this.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1.27pm: Less than 100km to the finish now for the leaders. What a 100km they are though. The final 30km are all uphill and rise from the final sprint at Adast (470m above sea level) to the the top of the Tourmalet (2114m above sea level).

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1.50pm: Sastre, by the way, is struggling to make that final leap and connect with the breakaway group. He's dropped back to almost four minutes behind.

1.48pm: Just 80km left now. The peloton are heading to the mid-stage refuelling point, where they'll pick up those little pouches of nourishment.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
On ITV4 now. It will all be on the final climb. But could Sanchez go on the next climb?

Weather conditions (poor) may spoil the TV coverage?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bedraggled-looking ovine interlopers

Sheep on road. Going down a mountain through a cloud with Sheep coming out of nowhere?

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its near the end and getting exciting. What has happened during the adverts? I hope it does not end in a damp squid. Kolobnev still leading at the beginning of the adverts.

Kolobnev has 1min 46 secs of lead and 11.1km to go. He will NOT make it!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Schleck and Contador have now gone with 9 km to go. Sanchez cannot join them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well done Ryder, top way to celebrate your new contract.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Incredible stuff. Chapeau to Contador and Schleck. An amazing days racing. Looks like the Tour is Contador's now. Andy looks to have second tied up and Menchov will be third. This has been an incredible Tour so far and that stage topped it off.

Boo to ITV! They managed to miss the moment the break happened, again. Surely they could have no adverts for the duration of the last mountain. Fortunately I switched to Eurosport just in time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not been a good summer for ITV.
Although their coverage of Le Tour is very very good.

Bloody adverts

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It's not been a good summer for ITV.
Although their coverage of Le Tour is very very good.

Bloody adverts

It is good coverage, but not for long enough each day. On a day like today they should have started earlier. Eurosport pile their adverts up at the start of the stage and rarely go to ads in the last hour so you don't miss any action, why can't ITV do the same?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well I won a bit of money from the each way bet on Rodriguez.$10 e/w and you get 1/4 of win price for finishing in top 3.

So was well chuffed when he came up flying up through the mist for 3rd.

Sanchez effort today is probably the best of any rider so far in the tour.

When I saw him on the road I thought he's gone. Not only did he come back from that but he also took more time off Menchov. Brilliant effort.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is good coverage, but not for long enough each day. On a day like today they should have started earlier. Eurosport pile their adverts up at the start of the stage and rarely go to ads in the last hour so you don't miss any action, why can't ITV do the same?
Yeah that was what I was aiming for re viewing figures.
Hoping the massive up turn in cycling, a great tour, British interest, would equal big viewing figures and therefore more screen time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here