Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The official season ticket presentation thread ***

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
There are no lifts to the upper West, according to Martin Perry. The reason given was something to do with building regulations relating to disabled access: the stadium has to be evacuated within eight minutes as per safety rules and I guess it would not be compliant if significant numbers of less mobile supporters were seated at the top level (assuming that lifts would be out of service in an emergency).

So how do firefighters get to the top floor when thousands of us are coming down and there could be trapped people up there?.

Also how do they transferee food and kegs of beer to the top of the West stand, carry it up 5 flights of stairs?

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What was the dress code Edna ? I'm not sure what I should wear.

I was thinking smart-casual with some dark pleated trousers and an untucked shirt, shoes, and a small trilby set at a jaunty angle. But then I thought perhaps a more businesslike approach would be more appropriate for such an important task, with a shirt and tie, maybe with the sleeves rolled up to give off that "come on, lets get this sorted then" vibe. Or maybe just simply some jeans and a retro Albion shirt or polo shirt from the club shop ? I also have some tatty denim dungarees I could wear shirtless, like a Dexys Midnight Runner.

I just don't KNOW.

I just went in my uniform :wink:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Same here. Went for the front row of the 3rd tier West Stand (Zone B). Couldn't get anything on the front around the half way line so had to settle for the second row behind the TV gantry. It looks like the main areas people are looking at are this and the front West, beside the tunnel (Zone E). From what I saw the first 3 or 4 rows of Zone B around the half way line are now booked.

Also found out that the banking is going to be about the same as in the South Stand at Withdean (about 6 inches per row). Also, if you lose your access/season ticket card for Falmer it will cost £10 to get a new one. If you want to sell your seat to a stranger it may be worth it charging an additional £10 'deposit' in case he doesn't return it before the next game. You could then declare it lost and get a new one.

Given that the rows are about 3 tomes further apart than at the witdean, 6 inches would be very shallow, but you're probably talking rubbish.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So how do firefighters get to the top floor when thousands of us are coming down and there could be trapped people up there?.

Also how do they transferee food and kegs of beer to the top of the West stand, carry it up 5 flights of stairs?

Same way the firefighters always do: up the stairs??? By the time they arrived most of the crowd should be out anyway.

And the food concourse may well be on the middle level anyway I think, as Martin Perry made quite a bit of the views across Brighton you get from there. Not entirely sure, but it would all have to comply with regulations so must be all according to plan?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest anyone know how many tickets were sold today?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Out of interest anyone know how many tickets were sold today?

Yup. Will be good to know what daily sales rate is, as want to buy 2 x ST for my son and his friend.

Will also be good to see how many we are likely to sell, given unofficial target of 15k+ ST sales in first year

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The presentations to ordinary fans- with season tickets- as opposed to the VIPs started today, and I am now the enormously proud owner of a West Stand Upper season ticket for the American Express Community Stadium: HOORAH!!

:clap2: :amex::falmer::ascarf:

Great photo's and updates Edna. Got my presentation Friday and I am soooo excited. Its just going to build as the week goes on.

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Is there parking at the Stadium for people attending presentations? If not, what is the best way to get there? Mine is on 21st at 1000.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Same way the firefighters always do: up the stairs??? By the time they arrived most of the crowd should be out anyway.

And the food concourse may well be on the middle level anyway I think, as Martin Perry made quite a bit of the views across Brighton you get from there. Not entirely sure, but it would all have to comply with regulations so must be all according to plan?

Yes I know up the stairs in Victorian times but as I work in the building trade and work on big construction sites in London then there has to be lifts by law for fire-fighters. Heath and safety and all that.

I’ve asked in the ‘Ask the club’ so shall hopefully find out later. Not moaning at you Edna, just asking a question that’s all.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
....................................n there has to be lifts by law for fire-fighters. Heath and safety and all that.

The first thing that anyone is told in the event of a fire is NOT to use the lifts. The power goes, you get stuck in the lift.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The first thing that anyone is told in the event of a fire is NOT to use the lifts. The power goes, you get stuck in the lift.

Exactly what I was thinking.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Mine is in a month as the club couldn't organize a whatsit in a doodah.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Got my four front row upper West stand wing, just across the aisle from the more expensive seats.
Edna was you sitting in the front row on the 3-30 presentation?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here