Votes: 200 53.2%
  • Out

Votes: 176 46.8%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Every single time we went forward we played the same half a dozen passes in and around their 18 yard box, it was like watching the exact same passage of play several times over. Potter is responsible for tactics and changing things like that and at times the camera showed him and he didn't know whether to shout instructions or not, he looked totally lost today and almost Hyppiaesque ! That was up there with any of the worst performances under Hughton and we are not even playing particularly good football now. The whole team needs a mighty kick up the arse and also needs to be more settled, I really can't see Potter turning this around, we seem to be on a downward spiral and its a brutal job but he's not up to it. Experiment failed, lets move on Tony.

That was because their box was packed with their own men. Same problem all teams have against them- except that, by the odd goal, most have seen them off.

The problem Albion have is the quality in key areas. Potter isn't perfect, but he's not the main issue here.

The myth that it is always a managerial issue will never go away.

People think Biss is a £50m pound player. He does do some good stuff, but he's far from complete and isn't worth that. Lamptey still has much to learn. Lallana cannot run a game anymore. March is hot and cold with poor decision making at times. White is average at this level- and so on. The team isn't as strong as people think. But they have improved. Not enough at the decisive end.

Last edited:

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Out, and the decision needs to be made now before it is too late. Momentum is a big thing and we are in rut and it's hard to see where the next win comes from. Unfortunately the team looks soft and lacks leaders, set pieces an issue at both ends, and overall game management/decision making is questionable. Non stop chopping and changing of personnel doesn't help.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Very much in still.

He set the team up well again today and we should have comfortably won. It’s not his fault our strikers are pathetic. They let him down week in, week out.

He needs to be backed in January with a new striker or two. Maupay and Connolly shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.
Whilst the setup I also think was right, I think its a bit of square pegs up top.

Maupay not technically strong enough to play between the lines
Connolly better from the channel where he can run with the ball.
Jahankabash too erratic to play a tight game with limited space
Zeqiri clearly not a winger and defensively naive.

Overall though, tactically we are too slow in transititons as always. We make it too easy for defences to set.
We always look vulnerable in transitions with a 4 at the back as we lack a true defensively minded midfielder.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Though I'm on the fence, if Billic went, and Arsenal fans want Arteta out, you have to wonder how long Potter has. Unless Bloom is happy with us going down but keeping him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like the poll has turned around quite fast from the other week ? Are we in the " Late Hughton Stage " now when we were beaten at home by Bournemouth and then Cardiff in two " Must Win " matches ?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Thanks potters. It’s been pretty at times but totally ineffective.

Very poor record.

This is the premier league and to manage successfully you need a certain amount calibre. He might have a lot of potential but the premier league isn’t the place for such gambles.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I’m still on the fence, but I’m only being held there by a rusty nail, which explains why I feel Potter and Co are giving me a wedgie....

I think my pants are about to rip and I’m gonna fall very soon.....

I really want Potter to get it right, but I’m getting the feeling he’s lost the dressing room, if Bis goes in January we are totally fecked, Connolly is simply not good enough and Maupay seems to have lost his way, we are in dire straits and I simply can’t see us getting out of this, our home form is an utter embarrassment.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well we’re not relegated yet, even if half of NSC are acting as if so.

I think every game we miss a catalogue of chances. It’s hard for me to blame AJ hitting the bar, and winning the game, from 3 yards on Graham Potter.

My other question would be, who do we get in?

I still stick with Potter, no question I am gutted right now. The club have to spend. No 18 year olds from 2nd division European leagues. We need a bona fide goal scorer.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I think we've entered the 'back him or sack him' stage with Potter. We've been a striker light for 2-3 seasons now and the deficiencies are clearly showing.

We need a proven finisher, NOT a utility player, to be a target man, hold the ball up, put those last minute chances away and win us games.

That'll cost, but the financial implications of possible relegation far outweigh the outlay. If we don't score more, we go down.

Give Potter the money and get that player in early January.

It's time for pragmatism.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If people want Potter to go, they do need some idea of who to replace him with (especially as Allardyce is no longer available).

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’m still on the fence, but I’m only being held there by a rusty nail, which explains why I feel Potter and Co are giving me a wedgie....

I think my pants are about to rip and I’m gonna fall very soon.....

I really want Potter to get it right, but I’m getting the feeling he’s lost the dressing room, if Bis goes in January we are totally fecked, Connolly is simply not good enough and Maupay seems to have lost his way, we are in dire straits and I simply can’t see us getting out of this, our home form is an utter embarrassment.

Biss is a problem, vultures circling, no reason for him to be loyal and us struggling. He'll go if there is serious interest from Real or Liverpool.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Changing sides. I was in last week. Today was abysmal. Needs to go now or we have no chance of survival this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here