Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Poker Thread...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
There is so much talk of Poker that i felt it deserves its own thread.

So how is everyone getting on? and what pker site are you using? I use Party Poker.

Before this weekend i was £100 down, but i have discovered new tables. Where everyone at the table pays $5, winner takes $25 and ive won 8 outta my first 10. $200 :clap2:

Anyonelse finding is a little addictive?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've stopped playing for a little while. At least that's what I told myself on Saturday night.

I was just playing too much - not in terms of money but just in terms of time. And despite the fact I can do work/surf at the same time I want to break free from the laptop a little bit more.

So I played very loose with the $60 or so that was in my Pacific Poker account and, sure enough, lost it all.

I'll be back in a week or two (or tonight, maybe!)

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Taking a break, got bored playing. Didn't want to move up to higher level tables, but the lower limits were not exciting enough, which is dangerous. Even playing 3 or 4 tables at once, I was losing discipline, so I have taken a few weeks away. I was using Stan James, which I still think is a good site, and I will probably go back there when I think I am ready to play again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still knocking about on the Pacific Poker 5c/10c tables. Got my stash up to $105 now. I just try to win $5 per session, and if I'm persistant I can normally achieve that. If not, the losses are never too bad.

Play the odd tournie as well, and have done ok in those, often get my money back with a 3rd place at least.

Its FUN.

E

enigma

Anyone know anywhere where I can play for free? I want to practice before I play for money, only just learnt how to play.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Go to Pacific Poker (via the NSC link so that BOZZA gets rich). You can sign up for demo play on that - they give you a grand to muck about with. You can get another grand when you lose it all too.

E

enigma

Easy 10 said:
Go to Pacific Poker (via the NSC link so that BOZZA gets rich). You can sign up for demo play on that - they give you a grand to muck about with. You can get another grand when you lose it all too.

Thanks mate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No worries. Its good practice, and when you're ready you can switch to money play and come and take all my cash, like everyone else does.

:)

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
enigma said:
Anyone know anywhere where I can play for free? I want to practice before I play for money, only just learnt how to play.
once u start, theres no stopping i tells ya ;)

seagull247

Sep 26, 2005
Party poker, play money.

Brilliant way to learn the game.

Have you all used the promo code to get free $50?:cool:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I play in www.planetpoker.com

They have daily Freeroll tounaments at 4pm. cost $550 of FREE money to enter and the top 10 win real cash, i have finished 2nd winning $10 and 5th winning $4, not much but you can then use it to play on the real tables, and you dont even have to enter your credit card details. The torneys hold 400 people each day

My username is 'BHAFC'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here