Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Official' Olympic thread - sub section - Gymnastics.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fella didn't do much wrong.
And what he did get wrong, he still managed to complete the exercise, on his feet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
for f*** sake, poor sportsmanship, he f***ed it up, he was lucky to end up on his feet and not on his arse.

what a load of shit.

why doesnt everybody challenge every bad score?
If he had landed on his arse, they'd have nothing to appeal.
He got the job done, badly, but done, by landing feet first.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Feel sorry for the Ukrainians.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Poor performance from the judges - how did they manage to cock up the score in the first place?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Oh well. Still an unexpected medal and arguably our proudest moment of the Olympics so far. Well done Great Britain.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pommel-Gait ruins our chances

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Absolutely ridiculous. The same thing happened in a judo match yesterday. The judges gave victory to one player; the loser kicked up a bit of a fuss and his fans started booing; five minutes later, the judges reversed their decision. Retrospective judging shouldn't be allowed - it's just down to which competitors can moan the loudest. If anything, though, it just shows how much the British are disliked by most countries. The judges should have had the integrity to stand by their marks - it's a farce and a crying shame. A medal is a medal, so we can be pleased with our performance, but who wants bronze when it looked like we were a dead cert for the silver.

:rant:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Absolutely ridiculous. The same thing happened in a judo match yesterday. The judges gave victory to one player; the loser kicked up a bit of a fuss and his fans started booing; five minutes later, the judges reversed their decision. Retrospective judging shouldn't be allowed - it's just down to which competitors can moan the loudest. If anything, though, it just shows how much the British are disliked by most countries. The judges should have had the integrity to stand by their marks - it's a farce and a crying shame. A medal is a medal, so we can be pleased with our performance, but who wants bronze when it looked like we were a dead cert for the silver.

:rant:

GB should have had a clear cut penalty on the football which would have given us the win and probably qualification, but we cannot appeal against that very poor decision

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Retrospective judging shouldn't be allowed

I agree. How many scores would be altered if they analysed every single performance of an event in as much detail?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Wow, well done Statto for starting this sub section. AND DIDN'T IT NEED IT. I knew something was amiss when the stars started turning up but we've just witnessed one of those goosebump Olympic moments, the roar when silver was announced was incredible. I LOVE THE OLYMPICS.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Still loads of empty seats in the gymnastics arena despite what Locog are saying... how many people would have loved to have seen that?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Still loads of empty seats in the gymnastics arena despite what Locog are saying... how many people would have loved to have seen that?

it was pretty full before the end wasnt it? a lot of early leavers from the US i assume, they seemed to have a lot there.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Oh well. Still an unexpected medal and arguably our proudest moment of the Olympics so far. Well done Great Britain.

Yep , I'll go with that, and to think I was going to do something else half an hour ago.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree. How many scores would be altered if they analysed every single performance of an event in as much detail?
Some perspective needed I feel, disappointing though it is. The Japanese were miles ahead of us going into that final round. When it came through that we had silver, it seemed absurd that they gone so badly wrong. There is due process, and that was followed.

If it had been allowed to stand, people around the world might have considered it a fix to suit the hosts.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
it was pretty full before the end wasnt it? a lot of early leavers from the US i assume, they seemed to have a lot there.

They showed shots of the crowd during the event and there were plenty of empty seats dotted around.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Hopefully there will be highlights of this - wanted to see it but couldn't. Love gymnastics, that, the cycling and swimming are the only things I like in the Summer Olympics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here