Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Olympic Tennis Thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I love Wimbledon, but I thought that having the Olympic event here straight after would spoil the effect but today it has proven me wrong. Right now on court is Roger Federer taking Alejandro Falla (If you remember, a couple of years ago Falla was 2-0 up against him and serving for the match at 5-4, but lost) apart. The crucial differences between the Grand Slam event and this Olympic event is that the matches are the short format, best of 3 rather than 5, and that the players are allowed to wear colours. Wimbledon is traditionally white only, but for the Olympics it isn't. It just seems refreshing for some reason, and the pink banners all over the place make the whole event feel different, whilst maintaining the stunning grass courts.

Andy Murray is on centre court once Federer is finished I think, which won't take much longer. He is a set up, and a break up. It's over very soon.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Olympic Tennis sucks. All Tennis sucks.

I can only presume you opened this thread by accident, then. Who knows what happened in order for you to reply.

Some shock results today already, Tomas Berdych going out was a bit of a suprise. He got beaten in the first round of Wimbledon though, so clearly he's not feeling the grass this year. He did very well last year as I recall, or might have been the year before. Federer failed to serve out the match, but is about to get another chance by breaking Falla again.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
1292494_M03.jpg

Federer managed to lose 4 games in a row to end the second set, so it's 1-1 at the moment in sets, but Federer is 2-0 up, with a break, in the third.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anne Keothavong beaten in 3 sets, she won the first set against Caroline Wozniacki and then remembered she's actually quite rubbish and folded completely in the second and third sets.

I was wrong about Andy Murray, he plays tomorrow against Stanislas Wawrinka, who is a dangerous opponent but who shouldn't stop Murray. He's got to be a medal contender, Rafa Nadal had to pull out injured so only 3 of the top 4 are playing... He should make the semi-finals atleast.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i was a bit disappointed by the turn out for Anna's match

i didnt enquire but is the Tennis a sell out or can you pay on day? it can't have been more then half full

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
i was a bit disappointed by the turn out for Anna's match

i didnt enquire but is the Tennis a sell out or can you pay on day? it can't have been more then half full

I was wondering that, but I don't want to know the answer because I can't afford to go up even though I'd love to. :down:

A real shame about the Murray's in a way, but in others... It might work out in Murray's favour for the singles.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Watching Victoria Azarenka at the moment, she is such a good player but the scream is so annoying and unneccessary. She's not happy with the umpire either, "This isn't the first time, it's always you, you always make mistakes. Can you learn the rules of the game maybe?". Brilliant ranting, and she was completely wrong in what she was moaning about. Another tennis match without the interference of mundane commentary, brilliant to watch.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
And now that Federer comes on, we get commentary. Not happy about this at all, I enjoyed watching it without the droning on and now that there's a mens match on they not only provide commentary, but not even the A team of BBC Tennis.
:nono:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
MURRAY in the final :clap2::rave::clap::banana:

Come on then where are the whingers

And there won't be any english federer fans there on Sunday like usual

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think Murray will beat Federer over 3. I think he lacks the stamina to live with him over 5, but I back Murray to win a three set-er. Go Murray!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Murray's performance is the result of the covert( and not so covert ) work of the Illuminati.......well that or his unlucky colour is white.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well played Murray :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here