• Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Voters should have to hold a UK passport, be living in the UK at election time, be in full time employment, male (from birth), be a homeowner, born south of Watford and over 40 years of age.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If you are old enough to get married, have sex, drive a car and buy a beer along with a ploughmans lunch in a pub then you should be old enough to vote.

Saying that I think these things should be made 18 rather than the age to vote lowered!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No way in hell should it be lowered to 16. That means some kids at SCHOOL can vote. What a farse that would be!

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
taxation without representation.

Boston_Tea_Party_small.jpg

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I voted other. I would have no problem with the age being lowered but it would have to coincide with the introduction of mandatory politics classes into the school curriculum. I highly doubt most 16 year olds could even explain the voting system to someone so how can they be expected to vote in it?

Whilst I agree totally with your post its worth pointing out that a large number of adults don't have a clue about how the voting system in this country works. However education is the only way for us to resolve this increasing problem so I would agree that if mandatory politics lessons were introduced from 12/13 years old then the age could be lowered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here