Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The OFFICIAL not going to be there thread ***

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
My last Albion game was over three years ago, I probably now qualify as one of the people lost along the way, despite having been to hundreds of games all over the country since the early 80's. Since OGH departed there are probably only Elphick and El-Abd in the squad who I have seen grace the stripes, so I would be one of those embarassing people who keep asking who players are during a game.

I will try my best to come to a game at Falmer some time in the future. I wish all those who do go to the game all the best for a truly amazing experience, the same for those like me who might be many miles away and hope to go to the promised land one day.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Stuck in Dubai. Hoping and praying that I can get a dodgy site to stream later.

Just watched Bozza's posting of videos from the last Goldstone game, which got me very emotional. Not because I undoubtedly stood with you that day Darren, but because I can't be there today.

V. depressed.

See here Your game streamed..

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
:wave: Morning Glas.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Too far away and working. I've followed the Albion from afar for 7 years now after being a STH at the Goldstone and regular home/away supporter after that. To be honest I don't feel too bad about not being at the Amex today as there are far more people that deserve it more than me for their efforts in getting us there! Have agreat day all who are going - will be there in spirit. Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeaguuuuuuuuuuuuulls!:albion2::albion2:

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Tried to kid myself that I would fly over for a couple of weeks to be there for the game. I've only just accepted that it isn't going to happen. Although i'll definitely be watching a live stream in the dead of night here in Australia. Luckily my nearest neighbours are far enough away not to be woken by a loud SSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAGGGGUUULLLLLLLSSSSSSS! REALLY want to be there though! :cry:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No season ticket,not going to any of the first matches.
Work a lot of Saturdays and i must be crazy-but-

Having been to the Goldstone from 1988,Hereford ,Donny ,Gillingham,Play off finals etc & Some Withdean-i always took a back seat on trying to get a ticket(season) mainly due to work-

others deserve their place in front of me-such as the hardcore Gillingham & Withdean faithfull and regular away travellers etc.

My time will come-i also have 4 family members in the West to call upon if i can't get a general sale ticket.

1 of my brothers also will not attend on regular occasions this season due to work-perhaps we are the reserve,season 2/3 fans that will be there for the club,if others fade away(i don't think they will,in the numbers Palace seem to think) so the future looks bright.

It's ultimately all about coming home at last and to that end i raise a glass to all(HOME AND OVERSEAS) and know that Falmer will be there for all,as and when we can all make it.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Lying on a sunbed in Greece doing my world famous lobster impersonation is scant recompense for not being there today! :(

With everyone in spirit!
SEAGULLS!!
:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Will be back for Gills game!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sadly not, ill health prevails, will catch up soon I'm sure.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Can't really believe I am missing this after 3 and a half decades of going. With everyone in spirit. Australia is a long way away today!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
anyone else?
???:(:down::thumbsup::cry::wave:
:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

I really wanted to fly over for this game but unless I can get a ticket,I can't see how I can't justify booking a flight. Looking at the online ticketing system, There are only tickets available up to a week or so ahead which makes "eet complicated". Any suggestions?

To everyone going , have a great day and hope you all go home hoarse and happy:wave:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
images

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
No - no season tickets here sadly. We're in the business of motorsport and that means most weekends for the beginning and end of the season are spent at various racetracks around the country...Wish Id got a ticket for today though, gutted....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here