Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Monster game next week...eagles hosting the cowgirls.

We had to win 4 on the trot to be even in with sniff and so far it’s 2 out of 2
My, petty, childish, playground, work here is done.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
View attachment 118267

That messed up the Oakland leaving party!

As for the Texans, they edged out the Titans. A win on Saturday at the Bucs and that might be enough. And JJ might be back for the Playoffs. :banana:

Away from the AFC South, what an incredible end to the Falcons @ 49ers game. NSC's Dubai-based Seahawks fan must be pleased with that. :smile:

Historically poor run of results, 6 losses on the spin, decimated defence, star WR missing, last ever game in Oakland, winless on the West Coast since 2004 and down 16-3 at the half. Nobody could have predicted a win from there!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I tell you, after the Election and the APPALLING back-to-the-bad-old-days Browns 'performance' in Arizona, if we lose to Palace tonight I am going to EXPLODE!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Probably Manning's last game yesterday against the Dolphins - a 36-20 win not a bad way to bow out

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Saints against the Colts - what a game, and a night for breaking records. Shut out for the Colts as it stands at the end of the 3rd quarter with the Saints at 34-0.

Drew Brees sets NFL all time passing TD record, surpassing Peyton Manning. Can't see the last quarter as have to get my flight but at the minute Brees also has 20 straight completions.

There's going to be a lot of partying in New Orleans tonight!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bad news today for Seattle: Josh Gordon - our go-to man on 3rd down conversions - banned indefinitely for substance abuse. Leaves us a key receiver down just as the play-offs draw near.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Are you REALLY that surprised to hear he couldn't stay off the drugs? Its been a problem for him since HS / College and, while I was hopeful he could beat his addiction at first when he was with the Browns, he is a lost cause. Hes had more than enough chances to turn things around - and failed every time.
Could've been a megastar with that talent, but a career wasted.

Im not sure he would've been a key player in the playoffs for the Seahawks though - hardly set the world on fire since he was up in the P.N.W :shrug:

12/15 Panthers 1 58 0
12/09 Rams 2 34 0
12/03 Vikings 1 10 0
11/24 Eagles 1 10 0
11/12 49ers 2 27 0

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Are you REALLY that surprised to hear he couldn't stay off the drugs? Its been a problem for him since HS / College and, while I was hopeful he could beat his addiction at first when he was with the Browns, he is a lost cause. Hes had more than enough chances to turn things around - and failed every time.
Could've been a megastar with that talent, but a career wasted.

Im not sure he would've been a key player in the playoffs for the Seahawks though - hardly set the world on fire since he was up in the P.N.W :shrug:

12/15 Panthers 1 58 0
12/09Rams 2 34 0
12/03Vikings 1 10 0
11/24 Eagles 1 10 0
11/1249ers 2 27 0

You’re right - I’m not that surprised.

And although the stats don’t make him look key, he had become THE solution for third and long, so we will need to rethink that part of the playbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
All hail to Drew Brees - what an amazing career after it looked like he was done for good, & not deemed worth the risk by San Diego.
A worthy holder of the passing records he has....just a shame his TD record will be beaten by a certain Mr Brady.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well that was a thoroughly shit weekend of sport. Albion very disappointing, Seattle equally so.

To be fair, we've been overachieving a lot of the season, but last night's woeful capitulation to the Cardinals tipped the scales completely the opposite way.

Will take us an absolute miracle to beat the 49ers next week; in fact, it ain't gonna happen in all honesty, so a wildcard trip to Philly it is probably. And frankly, I think we'll probably lose that now. The Eagles maybe bad this year, but our form has fallen off a cliff. And we now have about three fit players left. Last night was the icing on the cake. Of our three running backs, we now head into post-season with precisely... none. Carson, Penny, Prosise. All crocked for the season. Can't imagine an 11–4 team has ever felt less positive than we do now.

Ah well. Here's to next year I guess. Sneaking feeling it might be a bit different – will Pete Carroll even call it a day, perhaps...?

Remaining wishes for the season: Ravens ensuring the bloody Patriots don't make the Super Bowl yet again, then hopefully a SB pitching new superstar Lamar Jackson against all-time great Drew Bees – and a game that's WAAAY better than last year's borefest.

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Well that was a thoroughly shit weekend of sport. Albion very disappointing, Seattle equally so.

To be fair, we've been overachieving a lot of the season, but last night's woeful capitulation to the Cardinals tipped the scales completely the opposite way.

In all fairness, Cardinals looked solid. Everything came together, particularly on Defence. Chandler Jones has been sensational this year and Pat P finally decided to show up. We held you to less than 250 yards total.

You’ll struggle to stop the run against Niners most likely, that seems to be their go to.

On a plus side - rumours Marshawn Lynch is rejoining Hawks for the playoff stretch to cover Carson’s injury.

It a really tough division but at least you’ll stop Rams getting anywhere. Thank god.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got up for the Packers v Viqueens.

I believe I'll be back in bed soon. :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Morning!!

The Viqueens had 7 (seven) 1st Downs - that's good right? :lolol:

We weren't great, (something I've been saying a lot in this 12-3 season) but you don't have to be when playing the choking dog that is Cousins.
The very definition of a punching down QB.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Can’t stand Tom bloody Brady - his smarmy look reminds me of Smug Eddie.

I’m a huge Giants fan from my time living in NY so am extra motivated to see anyone knock out the Pats.

As a journo famously told Belichik, a few years ago “ you guys are just a bunch of cheaters aren’t you?”.

Rant over. And R E L A X......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In all fairness, Cardinals looked solid. Everything came together, particularly on Defence. Chandler Jones has been sensational this year and Pat P finally decided to show up. We held you to less than 250 yards total.

You’ll struggle to stop the run against Niners most likely, that seems to be their go to.

On a plus side - rumours Marshawn Lynch is rejoining Hawks for the playoff stretch to cover Carson’s injury.

It a really tough division but at least you’ll stop Rams getting anywhere. Thank god.

Not too many Cardinals fans on here - how did you come to be a supporter?

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Swung to AZ on a work trip a few years ago, ended up at a Cards Niners game and haven’t looked back since.

Plus, can’t not love Fitz right? A genuine legend.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Swung to AZ on a work trip a few years ago, ended up at a Cards Niners game and haven’t looked back since.

Plus, can’t not love Fitz right? A genuine legend.

Indeed. Has absolutely deserved to play on better teams than the Cardinals over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here