Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2012 Thread

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I actually love the new uniforms! Really want to try to get hold of one but they are stupidly expensive!

I agree, I think they're great and a huge improvement on the previous dreary grey/blue combo. Best uniform is still surely the Chargers' baby blue though.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I see the Pats coach, Belichick, was fined $50,000 for having a go at one of the officials when they lost right at the end of the game against the Ravens on Sunday. I don't like the Pats and all the Brady hype last year pissed me off but that does seem excessive. There could be similar incidents if the NFL don't pull their finger out and get this embarrassing mess resolved.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now shoot me down here and I may have rose tinted specs, but I've read a LOT about this call and seen many angles.

The thing is Tate has 2 hands on the ball and 2 feet on the ground before Jennings has either foot on the ground - it still doesn't look like he has control, but by the laws he has possession first because of his feet.

Now we all know Jennings caught it, and in an ideal world it should be an INT but I can kinda see why it isn't now...

Full marks to Tate for being aggressive on the play to make it questionable, and some of the hate he is getting (and the Seahawks in general) is bordering on ridiculous - they didn't make the call, they did what they had to do to win.
That is the debate to be had, after Tate's massive 2 handed push in the back of the GB defensive back, sending him to the floor.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The thing is Tate has 2 hands on the ball and 2 feet on the ground before Jennings has either foot on the ground - it still doesn't look like he has control, but by the laws he has possession first because of his feet.

Not according to the definition of a simultaneous catch quoted by the NFL in their statement "It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control"

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not looking forward to watching tonights game - think the Ravens will walk all over the Browns unfortunately. With the defensive backfield looking weaker than Vicentes thigh tendon we could see Flacco & his receivers having a field day out there. Add Ray Rice into the mix & the D messing with Weeden and I reckon theres only one way this will go.....again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It looks like I picked the right game to go with my 3rd string QB, Flacco.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Not according to the definition of a simultaneous catch quoted by the NFL in their statement "It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control"

But in the eyes of NFL law Jennings didnt have control of the ball first, as he didnt put his feet on the ground first - to have control both feet must be on the ground.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
That is the debate to be had, after Tate's massive 2 handed push in the back of the GB defensive back, sending him to the floor.

Absolutely - I said that in my first post - the OPI on Tate should have been called, but you never get Offensive Pass Interference on hail mary passes (Not saying thats right, just that it just doesnt happen)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Trent Richardson came up trumps for me again. Quite pleased to have got any fantasy points out of that game.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
In Houston now.
Heading off to see the Houston Dynamo MLS play tonight, then it's Texans v Titans at the Reliant tomorrow.
Texans should go 4-0 if the two-headed running monster that is Tate/Foster gets going.
Can't wait.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you chaps know, it's actually illegal for the NFL to play on Friday's and Saturdays.

A full on proper law was past x amount of years ago, to preserve High School and College football.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Do you chaps know, it's actually illegal for the NFL to play on Friday's and Saturdays.

A full on proper law was past x amount of years ago, to preserve High School and College football.

Too right! College is king on Saturdays.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Embarrassing result for the Jets who were gubbed 34-0 by the 49ers. Looks like the Jets are showing their true colors after one good result. At least last Sunday they could have blamed the replacement refs! Sanchez was completely ineffective again and Tebow has not really had any impact yet. I'm sure that Rex 'who ate all the pies' Ryan still thinks he's doing a wonderful job and they will go on to win the SB. Hopefully the Giants can salvage some pride for New Yorkers in the game just beginning against the Eagles

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Edit: Nope, they didn’t. Giants f***ed it up in the dying seconds. Tynes missed two field-goal tries from 54 yards with 15 seconds left. When the Eagles called a time-out after the first try it definitely fazed Tynes. Eagles held on for a 19-17 victory over the Giants.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Very enjoyable afternoon at the Reliant today.
Foster and Tate never really got going, but the Texans defence was immense.
Big plays for TD interceptions took the game away from the Titans.
So it's 4-0 for the Texans and an early lead in the AFC.
Next stop - away at the Jets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here