Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official New LB/LWB Thread*

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Our best couple of options seem to have finalised moves to European clubs so it’s becoming bit more worrying for outsiders. I bet the club have a good idea though and that we’ll find out when he’s signed. The Austrian midfielder/CB could be another piece of the puzzle as Potter likes converting players and LWB in our system could be interesting for him. More defensive when Lampty or March are on the right side bombing on or more average when someone like Veltman is over there.

Completely out the blue, I wonder if it would be a good position to loan some amazing youngster in at since we have depth in Solly? I’m usually against similar but there is probably someone lurking at Citeh or Liverpool or somewhere who we could jump to top of the list for a proper purchase with if he doesn’t become total world class, by loaning him now? Is the young Portugese lad at PSG due to start or does he need a year with us?

Don’t see city answering the phone to us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Across the footballing world there is a wealth of RB/RWB and a lack of LB/LWB. Cucurella is probably in the top 3 within the Premier League after just 1 season. A loan in with the quality we require is unlikely.

Jamal Lewis looked very useful at Norwich and isn't involved much at Newcastle. Spurs have a few so maybe Reguilon or Sessegnon could be surplus to requirements. Danny Rose could be a short term as wants out of Watford. But for me Josko Gvardiol at RB Leipzig could become a superstar and at 20 would be a fabulous signing full of potential or Luca Metz at Borussia Monchengladbach a 19 year old breaking into the first team

Gvardiol is more of a CB isnt he?

Also already being chased by the big boys and RB Leipzig have slapped a £70m+ pricetag on his head. Unfortunately not within our range.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Villa supporting relative said that it's a shame they sold Matt Targett, who was surplus to requirements at Villa Park, to Newcastle as he'd have been perfect for us.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Can I just say there are some marvellous names on this thread.

Pervis Estupiñán
Quentin Merlin
Melvin Bard
Dan-Axel Zagadou
Josko Gvardiol

Marvellous.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
*in honour of BG

So with Cucu going/gone, and Naylor indicating in his tweets that we’ll be looking to sign a new LB, who’s it going to be?

Just a random thought ..... maybe for one season it might be Colwill? (just while we're bringing forward our Cucurella succession planning operation)

.....and just out of interest, why have we got another thread started more than half a day later on the same subject as this one? (yes, OK, apart from the obvious reason that somebody started one!)

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Just a random thought ..... maybe for one season it might be Colwill? (just while we're bringing forward our Cucurella succession planning operation)

.....and just out of interest, why have we got another thread started more than half a day later on the same subject as this one? (yes, OK, apart from the obvious reason that somebody started one!)

I think the hyperbole that us fans use when we say ‘it will take two players to replace Cucu’ is - for once - correct. The way I see it was that Cucu became the Dan Burn replacement at LCB and occasional LB, as well as being, well, Cucu at regular LB and LWB. Colwill is now the Dan Burn replacement at LCB and occasional LB. But we still need a Cucu replacement.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Get Amar Dedic in from Salzburg. Looks a promising young fullback/wingback who can play on either side.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Across the footballing world there is a wealth of RB/RWB and a lack of LB/LWB. Cucurella is probably in the top 3 within the Premier League after just 1 season. A loan in with the quality we require is unlikely.

Jamal Lewis looked very useful at Norwich and isn't involved much at Newcastle. Spurs have a few so maybe Reguilon or Sessegnon could be surplus to requirements. Danny Rose could be a short term as wants out of Watford. But for me Josko Gvardiol at RB Leipzig could become a superstar and at 20 would be a fabulous signing full of potential or Luca Metz at Borussia Monchengladbach a 19 year old breaking into the first team

City have had a bid of €80m rejected for Gvardiol and he's already said he doesn't want to leave this season. Perhaps the most unrealistic signing suggestion I've ever seen.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm quite smitten with Destiny Udogie. I've only seen a highlights video but that's enough for me to want him rampaging up and down our currently bereft left flank.

I believe spurs are in for him, offering a loan back, but surely we could match their bid now we have a shed load of cash. Maybe he'd rather play in the premier league straight away? Wishful thinking perhaps but football is nothing without dreams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here