Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Marcos Painter Appreciation thread

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Really is my Favourite player, class act, far too good for this division.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Another Championship player playing for us in League One.
Truly a class act, Super consistent,My seconed favourite player.

There have been calls for Rep Of Ireland to start having a look at Dicker but looking at their LB situation (Ageing Kilbane & a kid from Man City) they could do a lot worse than coming & having a look at Painter.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Another Championship player playing for us in League One.
Truly a class act, Super consistent,My seconed favourite player.

There have been calls for Rep Of Ireland to start having a look at Dicker but looking at their LB situation (Ageing Kilbane & a kid from Man City) they could do a lot worse than coming & having a look at Painter.

i love having internationals.

was there a spain scout at charlton? :p

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He might not be everone's FAVOURITE player, but if you asked all Brighton fans to name, say, their top five, he'd be in ALL of them.

Absolutely dependable. Rock solid, decent in the air, hardly ever gives the ball away, decent delivery.

Brilliant signing. :bowdown:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My SECOND fav player behind Bennett.

Love "JT" absolutely LOVE him.

BEST left back since Chappers by MILES.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
My favourite player. Hands down. Love the commitment and passion, along with quality. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I said in the Summer that Calde and Paints were the 2 biggest signings we can make as our defence would be solid and we knew what we were getting from them. I was right :)

Painter is pure CLASS

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
:flameboun:flameboun:flameboun

Poor Marcos has just TWO votes on TLO's player of the season poll. No doubt he reads NSC, so HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO APOLOGISE AND EXPLAIN YOURSELVES!!!:rant:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He might not be everone's FAVOURITE player, but if you asked all Brighton fans to name, say, their top five, he'd be in ALL of them.

Absolutely dependable. Rock solid, decent in the air, hardly ever gives the ball away, decent delivery.

Brilliant signing. :bowdown:

This is spot on - and it also explains why he hasn't had more votes. Everyones second favourite in a poll where you can only post one vote. Doens't mean he's not held in very high esteem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the Player of The season is based on top 3 with 3 point for 1st, 2 for 2nd, and 1 for 3rd, he could well win the poll based on being most peoples 2nd choice, which would be a fitting tribute to his performances this season.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Marcos Painter is our best player.

He wouldn't look out of place in the NPC. One of a few players in our squad who have Premiership potential.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Sorry Marcos i do love you, Granted not as much as the missus does :love:
I voted Bennett as he's been our best player, I'd have voted Calderon second as he's been a revelation & scores more (think its 8 now) & El Abd third as i can't remember ever seeing a player who's looked so average become so good.

I still love you Paints & you are my second favourite player after Glenn Murray :clap:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
He's average though! :dunce:

"He hasn't made a mistake in 9 months of playing.We were on a winning running last season, he missed two games last season and we lost both of them"

"Yeah, that means he's an average player"

Good ol' Stubbs :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here