Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official Loanee Tracker Thread

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Interesting interview with left back George Cox, who spent the season featuring regularly for Eredivisie side Fortuna Sittard.

Seems from the interview that we have a further year option (if I interpreted that correctly?), but he has had interest from Championship sides and would also be happy to stay at Sittard for another year.

Cox has lots of nice things to say about the club - encouraging to see that the players are well looked after.

http://www.football-oranje.com/cox-...or-permanent-eredivisie-or-championship-move/

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Interesting interview with left back George Cox, who spent the season featuring regularly for Eredivisie side Fortuna Sittard.

Seems from the interview that we have a further year option (if I interpreted that correctly?), but he has had interest from Championship sides and would also be happy to stay at Sittard for another year.

Cox has lots of nice things to say about the club - encouraging to see that the players are well looked after.

http://www.football-oranje.com/cox-...or-permanent-eredivisie-or-championship-move/

My interpretation is that yes, Albion have a further year option (which would seem to be a pretty standard thing these days), but given that they announced his loan as being "with a view to a permanent transfer" it would seem very unlikely that he has any future as an Albion player. Obviously Covid-19 has changed many things and there might be a chance that Sittard don't wish to pursue the permanent transfer, but I would very much doubt that Cox is still an Albion player next season (and even if he is, it would only be as a means for Albion to protect their asset, via another loan-to-buy or permanent transfer).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is out of contract at the end of this [2019-20] season and still no word (at least that I have seen) on whether he will be staying with us or not. I like him a lot, and really hope he will get an extension at Albion.

I made a Athletic Sussex team on Football Manager 2018 with only (low value) players from Sussex or with a Brighton background... Max Sanders is carrying the team now when Dean Cox have turned a bit old. Excellent young man.

A bit OT and not very interesting but since you werent asking..

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He is out of contract at the end of this [2019-20] season and still no word (at least that I have seen) on whether he will be staying with us or not. I like him a lot, and really hope he will get an extension at Albion.

Would be a real pity if that’s the case, and honestly I’d be surprised. He’s ready for a Championship loan next season and if he performs well there he’ll be worth quite a few bob to us.

His problem is that we have so many other talented young CMs, and among his age group Alzate and Molumby both appear to be ahead of him at the moment.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Would be a real pity if that’s the case, and honestly I’d be surprised. He’s ready for a Championship loan next season and if he performs well there he’ll be worth quite a few bob to us.

His problem is that we have so many other talented young CMs, and among his age group Alzate and Molumby both appear to be ahead of him at the moment.
If he was thought of highly enough it feels like we would have extended his contract before sending him on loan. Time will tell though I guess

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
In case anyone missed it:-

[TWEET]1269983782062510081[/TWEET]

One of my favorite U23 players to watch over the past few years, he will be a great footballer somewhere, just would have liked it to be with us. However, it sort of has to fall into place with need for certain positions or timing. I would live to see him pop up in the championship where we could maybe see him play more regularly.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's going to be interesting to see who stays to be part of the First team squad (guessing Walton, White, Molumby, Gyokeres?) and those who go back out on loan (Sanchez, Clarke, Ostigaard, Roberts, Richards, Cashman, Cochrane off the top of my head).

If we stay up and with Potter's reputation for playing younger players, the average age of the team will probably be the youngest in the Prem! It's already low anyway but could get lower? A very exciting future for a lot of these players I think.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Interesting re Sanders, do the club not rate him or has he turned down a new contract as can’t see a way into the first team squad anytime soon?

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If we stay up and with Potter's reputation for playing younger players, the average age of the team will probably be the youngest in the Prem! It's already low anyway but could get lower? A very exciting future for a lot of these players I think.

It'll plummet when Grandad retires.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
It's going to be interesting to see who stays to be part of the First team squad (guessing Walton, White, Molumby, Gyokeres?) and those who go back out on loan (Sanchez, Clarke, Ostigaard, Roberts, Richards, Cashman, Cochrane off the top of my head).

An issue with our loaning out strategy is that by the time players are ready for the first team and come back to us, they are over 21 and have to be included in the 25 man squad. Though this does provide lots of additional potential HGPs.

This problem could end up being quite limiting on the first team opportunities unless we trim some of the fat of our squad this summer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

If relegation is avoided I think its difficult to establish more than two youth players per season as the PL is very unforgiving and every match is so important.

If Championship is the case next season and Potter doesnt get fired, its a massively different thing and possibly every single name you mentioned (except Walton who is not a Potter keeper, and Ben White who would probably be sold) could be in the squad.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Can't see Gyokeres making the first team squad, especially if we stay up, as he's 22 now and would take a place in the 25.

Be interesting to see what happens with White regarding transfer offers, especially when we also have Ostigaard (apparently having a great season at St Pauli) who's not even 21 until November. Molumby is also still only 20.

Not sure about Walton. No point in him coming back to sit on the bench, but I can't see Ryan being dropped.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
One of my favorite U23 players to watch over the past few years, he will be a great footballer somewhere, just would have liked it to be with us. However, it sort of has to fall into place with need for certain positions or timing. I would live to see him pop up in the championship where we could maybe see him play more regularly.

In the few (snippets of) games that I saw, he had a stunning left-footed delivery, but you look at his age, and at 22 that seals his fate with us, especially as we can only offer PL football for the moment at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here