Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official "Home Alone" Xmas Day Thread. Have a good day all

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Good evening all, hows the day gone thus far. I was a tad bored around 2pm i must say, crap telly, but finally got round to my roast for one and can now eagerly look forward to Test Match from around 5 hours time.Have good evening all. Have always preferred Boxing day for all the sport, and will have alittle dabble on the gee gee's too of course

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Myself and a couple of others are feeling a bit under the weather today with a tummy bug picked up from the youngest in our family earlier in the week - his first Christmas too! Plans have had to be reorganised but still making the best of the day though.

Hope you're ok, Highway61. :thumbsup:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Myself and a couple of others are feeling a bit under the weather today with a tummy bug picked up from the youngest in our family earlier in the week - his first Christmas too! Plans have had to be reorganised but still making the best of the day though.

Hope you're ok, Highway61. :thumbsup:

Am ok mate thanks, was thinking earlier about my good old home town of HH, great memories of my time there from 1960-82

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
Had a good morning, ok afternoon then turned bad, and now on my own. I don't care, I've got you loners :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Good evening all, hows the day gone thus far. I was a tad bored around 2pm i must say, crap telly, but finally got round to my roast for one and can now eagerly look forward to Test Match from around 5 hours time.Have good evening all. Have always preferred Boxing day for all the sport, and will have alittle dabble on the gee gee's too of course

You may have already heard but the King George Vi meeting at Kempton has been postponed until Monday.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Am ok mate thanks, was thinking earlier about my good old home town of HH, great memories of my time there from 1960-82

It's not a bad little town. Always feel safe but not much changes in Haywards Heath.

Enjoy the cricket tonight mate. It's perfectly poised at 1-1 and all to play for.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

similar, minus the roast. Happy Xmas Highway, cricket means nothing to me but I hope England do it for themslikeyou who is staying up

happy new year

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Had a couple of tins, nothing much. Put candles on and cut the lights about an hour ago. Looking forward to seeing friends on the 27th, and to seeing family on the 29th, and getting drunk on the 31st!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Just watched Unstoppable. was an ok runaway train movie, but nowt more but at least gets me to 10pm, 90mins and test match

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Spent the day visiting family and got my partner who is disabled to bed a couple of hours ago so a quiet evening. Funny old life isn't it? Not everything turns out as you expect it and of all the days in the year this is the one that highlights it. Many years ago I spent 5 christmasses alone and away from my family - entirely my own fault but it taught me to appreciate the good bits when they happen. Hope all of you who have been on your own today will be as lucky as me in time to come - to borrow Cheryl Coles' words "because you're worth it". Footy tomorrow - welcome back world!

Well done Highway for including us all

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I had 4 friends come over in the end, we've spent a few hours drinking lightly, playing monopoly (getting raped as usual!) and generally chilling. Was very nice actually. Looking forward to buming about with one or two of the friends in the monring and getting pizzas in and continuing our game of monopoly! Very nice boxing day ahead. And the girlfriend is over :clap2:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Ive had a very nice day actually. I was laughing soo much at the table i was chocking on my turkey :laugh: In the evening relaxing watching Rise of the foot soldier and have beers. Can't wait until tomorrow's game. 3 points are coming back to Sussex :thumbsup:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Spent the day visiting family and got my partner who is disabled to bed a couple of hours ago so a quiet evening. Funny old life isn't it? Not everything turns out as you expect it and of all the days in the year this is the one that highlights it. Many years ago I spent 5 christmasses alone and away from my family - entirely my own fault but it taught me to appreciate the good bits when they happen. Hope all of you who have been on your own today will be as lucky as me in time to come - to borrow Cheryl Coles' words "because you're worth it". Footy tomorrow - welcome back world!

Well done Highway for including us all

Glad your day went well mate, Seems like reality today with the footy back so heres to 3 points. Happy new year to you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here