Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Good luck Carlisle" thread

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
After Saturday's great success, might it not be another opportunity to bring our secret weapon into play.

Uncle Spielberg - GO LARGE ON LEEDS !

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Whilst I don't like Leeds, I kind of hope they win the play offs so we get to see the back of them. They are constantly seeking attention and everything in Div 1 this season seems to revolve around Leeds.

If they don't go up they will also be a difficult team to beat and along with Leicester plus MK Dons and Peterborough with money to burn as well as several good Div 1 teams from this season, I just think it would be a bit easier if Leeds were removed from the equation.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Right up for Leeds bolloxing this one up. Would love to see them and their fans stay in the 'lower' leagues as they think they are bigger than everyone else. Also like seeing loadsa people on here getting stressed out when Deductions comes on here talking garbage!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What do you mean no football interest??

, England prestige friendlies??

:eek:

Isn't that what all non participants (read losers) in Euro 2008 have, excuse me for not getting even a mild stiffy:lol:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
as much as i hate leeds i want rid of them out of our league
the more leeds and leicester's ect in the league the tougher i see it being

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My heart says Carlisle but my head says Leeds.

If Leeds don't go up this season they sure as hell will next season. Leicester will also be too strong for the rest of League 1. Falmer is little more than 2 years away. Therefore, I've decided to bite the bullet and hope Leeds go up now, so that the Albion have one less big gun to worry about in 2008/09.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
My heart says Carlisle but my head says Leeds.

If Leeds don't go up this season they sure as hell will next season. Leicester will also be too strong for the rest of League 1. Falmer is little more than 2 years away. Therefore, I've decided to bite the bullet and hope Leeds go up now, so that the Albion have one less big gun to worry about in 2008/09.

I tend to agree with you. We're going for promotion next year and to have Leeds and Leicester in our division means that probably the best we can realistically hope for is the Play-Offs.

Having said that, if Leeds fail to go up I'll have a little chuckle.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What do you mean no football interest??

You mean you won't be watching the small matter of the UEFA Cup Final, Champions League Final, F.A Cup Final, Championship Play-Off finals, England prestige friendlies and EURO 2008??

:eek:
OK, lets go.

I might watch SOME of them, but I won't actually give a toss about any of the results.
And what "prestige" friendlies have England got lined up ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We have that prestigious friendly in Trinidad, which is nothing to do with trying to win votes from CONCAF for our World Cup bid.

Mmm, Trinidad & Tobago, nice.
How come we never have friendlies somewhere like Latvia, or Uzbekistan ?
Oh hang on - slaphead Barwick and his gang of cronies are hardly going to top up their tans or get a swanky hotel for a few days there, are they.

Nice "work", if you can get it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
OK, lets go.

I might watch SOME of them, but I won't actually give a toss about any of the results.
And what "prestige" friendlies have England got lined up ?

Which means you can enjoy the games for the quality of the football and the sheer high drama of the occasions. I find I enjoy football all the more as a neutral watching a game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The way I really feel about it is this:

I want Albion to win and I want Palace to lose. The rest can go f*** themselves cos I really don't care that much.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Which means you can enjoy the games for the quality of the football and the sheer high drama of the occasions. I find I enjoy football all the more as a neutral watching a game.

ronaldo-crying.jpg

Would be the highlight if it happens again

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sebastian Carole on the bench again for Leeds, I would love Mickey to sign him back.

I agree sort of want done with Leeds, but Donny have had a worse time would be good to see them have a season in the sun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here