• Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

[yt]QhuEpjOskpU[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Seriously? I've got to say, I disagree with you then, the shorter the run up, the less likely you are to put it over the bar, or wide of the post. Which is why Ronaldo doesn't generally take much of a run up. When he mised against West Ham, he went to the D;
[YT]x8ppbF8D_Hw[/YT]

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm sure a few years ago there was analysis done of penalty run-ups and the outcome was that the shorter the run-up the more likely a miss.

D

Deleted User X18H

Taking a penalty is very much like making love to a beautiful woman - first you get the benefit of a previous infringement - then you take a long run up - and finally bury it good and hard.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Taking a penalty is very much like making love to a beautiful woman - first you get the benefit of a previous infringement - then you take a long run up - and finally bury it good and hard.

where does shooting too early come into that?:D

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

If it's particularly slippery you might find your face in the brown stuff?

D

Deleted member 18477

Seriously? I've got to say, I disagree with you then, the shorter the run up, the less likely you are to put it over the bar, or wide of the post. Which is why Ronaldo doesn't generally take much of a run up. When he mised against West Ham, he went to the D;
[YT]x8ppbF8D_Hw[/YT]

i've gotta say upton park will be missed when they go to the olympic stadium. its actually a really nice 'proper' football ground in my opinion. def gunna make sure i go to west ham away this year!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here