Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The **OFFICIAL** Get to know your new neighbours at The Amex thread

W3H row R Seat 187

Very close to our posse.

End of your row WSU W3H Row J Seats 187, 188, 189.

:thumbsup:

W3H Row M seat 187.

You must know my Brother!

WSU W3H Row R & Q 177 - 179

:bigwave:

wsu blockw3h row n 195 196

WSU H Block seems very popular ? 9 of us there. row G

I never thought of that, i am only a midget

Well hello to the NSC WSU W3H club members! And a very big hello to my nearest neighbours:

W3H row R Seat 187

and

WSU W3H Row R Seat 0185

You sir, are sitting directly in front of me!

WSU W3H Row S Seat 0185

I hope you are all going to sing! We chose the North end deliberately to try and generate some high level atmosphere alongside the North Stand crowd.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
West stand middle tier, I 108.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A group of five of us are in the back row WSU W3H... :wave:

We chose the back row, so no one behind us who can complain if we stand up!

What is this obsession with standing up? Had two goons in front of me at Daggers who stood all game. They gained absolutely nothing by doing so...apart from stiff legs maybe.

Personally I am much more comfortable standing up at the football. I prefer it and given the choice I don't even sit down at half-time.

It feels more natural than sitting and also makes it easier to sing and get behind the team. Sitting anywhere other than the centre line you have to sit/turn/lean sideways to see the action anyway, and usually I find I have to lean forwards as well to see past all the other people in my row. Then when anything happens everyone stands up anyway!

Also at Withdean being 6'2" I find sitting uncomfortable due to the limited leg room.

But I also prefer to stand at gigs, and usually will stand in the pub before the game too.

I can understand some people can't/don't want to stand all the time. But in the same way that we will usually try to stand near the back out of consideration, those who prefer to sit should try to position themselves nearer the front rather than stay where they are and moaning.

By choosing the back row of the stand we can't possibly disturb anyone else :thumbsup:

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Personally I am much more comfortable standing up at the football. I prefer it and given the choice I don't even sit down at half-time.

It feels more natural than sitting and also makes it easier to sing and get behind the team. Sitting anywhere other than the centre line you have to sit/turn/lean sideways to see the action, anyway and usually I find I have to lean forwards as well to see past all the other people in my row. Then when anything happens everyone stands up anyway!

But I also prefer to stand at gigs, and usually will stand in the pub before the game too.

I can understand some people can't/don't want to stand all the time. But in the same way that we will usually try to stand near the back out of consideration, those who prefer to sit should try to position themselves nearer the front rather than stay where they are and moaning.

By choosing the back row of the stand we can't possibly disturb anyone else :thumbsup:

Spot on!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It feels more natural than sitting and also makes it easier to sing and get behind the team. Sitting anywhere other than the centre line you have to sit/turn/lean sideways to see the action anyway, and usually I find I have to lean forwards as well to see past all the other people in my row. Then when anything happens everyone stands up anyway!

Also at Withdean being 6'2" I find sitting uncomfortable due to the limited leg room.

A fair response. Given the choice I would prefer to stand at both football and gigs, and I would certainly support a return of terracing....but when there is no choice, and there is nothing to be gained from standing, e.g. Daggers where we had a brilliant reasonably central elevated view, I do wonder as to people's motives and agenda.

A fair response. Given the choice I would prefer to stand at both football and gigs, and I would certainly support a return of terracing....

but when there is no choice, and there is nothing to be gained from standing, e.g. Daggers where we had a brilliant reasonably central elevated view, I do wonder as to people's motives and agenda.

It isn't usually the view that is the motivation, it is the fact that when standing you can; sing, shout, wave your arms about, jump up and down, hold your arms up in the air at appropriate times in a song/chant, clap, point etc.

When sitting down with people close beside you (like at Withdean) try and sing a chant like "we're the left side... right side" etc where the crowd throw their arms up in the air - you will just hit your neighbours or clash arms. Same goes for "there's no-one there" you can't all point in different directions when sitting down.

A lot of the games I have been to are away games where standing is more the norm. And for the first few years of supporting the Albion all my games were on terraces. The feeling of being squeezed into a terrace and the crowd surging and moving around the terrace with the events of the game adds to the atmosphere and makes everyone more passionate and vocal in their support. (eg Peterborough away).

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
North Stand, N1C, Row J, Seat 363.
With the biscuits but not sitting next to Bracknell No-Buddies, I've just discovered!!

Biscuits will be gratefully received in N1D, Row O, Seat 388. Would you mind travelling that far, Mrs B? And make sure you bring enough for 6!

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Well hello to the NSC WSU W3H club members! And a very big hello to my nearest neighbours:

and

You sir, are sitting directly in front of me!

WSU W3H Row S Seat 0185

I hope you are all going to sing! We chose the North end deliberately to try and generate some high level atmosphere alongside the North Stand crowd.

w3h will be rocking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here