Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Falmer Nimby countdown

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I dont think it will really matter. We are doing well in that we are not rushing to build the stadium as they said they wont put a spade in the soil until this time next year. I dont think there is anything that is contestable.

They will just have to accept it and if they dont like it, then that is tough. Many people have suffered worse in planning.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yoda said:
I thought they were allowed 90 days ???

I think each planning application has a different time scale.
Some say 90 days but ours definitely said six weeks.

I think the NIMBYs will make a lot of noise and sabre rattling but will give up in the end.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Yorkie said:
I think each planning application has a different time scale.
Some say 90 days but ours definitely said six weeks.

I think the NIMBYs will make a lot of noise and sabre rattling but will give up in the end.

I agree they will spend the next few weeks moaning, shouting etc, then when they are told just how much it will cost them they will all sneak in to a corner and shut up.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Extract from Prescott's letter...

71. A separate note is attached setting out the circumstances in which the validity of the Secretary of State's decision may be challenged by making an application to the High Court within six weeks from the date of this letter.

The date in question being 28 October 2005, meaning they have to get their application in by Friday 9 December.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
only a little over a month to go now :bounce:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
The Large One said:
Extract from Prescott's letter...

71. A separate note is attached setting out the circumstances in which the validity of the Secretary of State's decision may be challenged by making an application to the High Court within six weeks from the date of this letter.

The date in question being 28 October 2005, meaning they have to get their application in by Friday 9 December.

Excellent as that (if I remember correctly) is World Cup draw day as well. Will take the day off and watch the draw and have a celebration as we will then definately have Falmer.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Geneva (hopefully) -Worthing BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here