Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Corona virus C**T list

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I guess you're not worrying about surviving financially through this shitstorm. Good for you. Millions have bigger things to worry about than a missed holiday.

Everyone has different priorities, that's fine.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
However....

Whilst a holiday spend may have been a luxury at time of purchase, the financial situation has changed and a lot of people need every penny they can get now.... so worrying about a refund is very real if all other income streams have collapsed.

Which is fair enough. I was just getting mildly irate about the "I booked this and I don't know WHEN I'm going to get to go!" crew.

I apologise to anyone who really needs the refund to survive and is struggling to get money back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
EasyJet update 2: my refund arrived in my account this morning.

I still have 4 more flights booked with them though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
EasyJet update 2: my refund arrived in my account this morning.

I still have 4 more flights booked with them though.

Got the main bulk of cancelled Krakow holiday back from Easyjet this morning.

Waiting for the original deposit, refund on Norwich tickets (it will not happen the game) and Tutankhamen exhibition.

To celebrate taken a risk and booked an October holiday

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Seems like Easyjet have done a lot of refunds today.

Perhaps they've just received some Government guarantees.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
This thread is really getting quite heated.
As Bozza said; 'be kind'.

To be fair, we could really do with a boohoo my holiday(s) is/are cancelled and I want my money back thread. One I would be happy to vent my own personal frustrations on.

It isn't just about being kind, but showing a little empathy and understanding how these posts read to other people. There are plenty of worse things going on right now, than postponed holidays.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
To be fair, we could really do with a boohoo my holiday(s) is/are cancelled and I want my money back thread. One I would be happy to vent my own personal frustrations on.

It isn't just about being kind, but showing a little empathy and understanding how these posts read to other people. There are plenty of worse things going on right now, than postponed holidays.

Indeed there are, but that doesn't mean that people should be ya-booed for talking about obtaining money back in respect of holidays and flights etc. In such unprecedented times, that bit of cash could be very important to individuals.
Perhaps we do need a boohoo thread as you suggest.::smile:
Anyway, kindness can include empathy and understanding on both sides.
I don't think we are disagreeing.:thumbsup:
P.S.I haven't got any holidays booked or rebates due!:D

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
These....****s

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52152268

Thieves tricked a 92-year-old woman into believing her neighbour had died of coronavirus so they could raid her home.

They knocked on her door in Oldham, Greater Manchester, lied about the death and offered to clean the house.

They presented themselves as a "helping hand" police said, but they stole a purse, money and jewellery.

Ch Insp Trevor Harrison, from Greater Manchester Police, described it as an appalling crime.

The victim was not injured, but was left "understandably distraught" by the theft in Grasmere Road.

"This is an absolutely appalling crime, which has taken advantage of a vulnerable and elderly woman at a time where we, as a society, should be looking out for her," said Ch Insp Harrison.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
[tweet]1246062717456265217[/tweet]

She could use her staggering wealth and property to help treat people of course. But no, what we really need is a "special message". So that's her contribution then, along with having a thick son who takes an entourage of servants the length of the country (against all expert and government published advice) before testing positive - all no doubt costing more lives.

Are there really people who still think royalty is a good idea? It beggars belief.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Add New Look to the list of Corona *****:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52153183

This is commonplace. I’m helping businesses where some individual debtors (with incredible company accounts, huge cash reserves) jumped on the COVID19 lockdown within hours. Fibbing and trying to manipulate parties they felt were less savvy than them, in firmly requesting to be excused from paying debts and meeting legal commitments. Not wanting a payments holiday, but a permanent deletion of the commitment/debt.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
These....****s

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52152268

Thieves tricked a 92-year-old woman into believing her neighbour had died of coronavirus so they could raid her home.

They knocked on her door in Oldham, Greater Manchester, lied about the death and offered to clean the house.

They presented themselves as a "helping hand" police said, but they stole a purse, money and jewellery.

Ch Insp Trevor Harrison, from Greater Manchester Police, described it as an appalling crime.

The victim was not injured, but was left "understandably distraught" by the theft in Grasmere Road.

"This is an absolutely appalling crime, which has taken advantage of a vulnerable and elderly woman at a time where we, as a society, should be looking out for her," said Ch Insp Harrison.

I always wonder how people like this can sleep at night. As money becomes tighter for most i can only see stories like this increasing as people resort to crime to get by.

One good thing is she was not hurt.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I always wonder how people like this can sleep at night. As money becomes tighter for most i can only see stories like this increasing as people resort to crime to get by.

One good thing is she was not hurt.

Sorry, this crime was not done 'to get by'. It is simply a bit of perverse enterprise, taking advantage of a situation to make money. Crimes are not exclusively undertaken so hard working men and women can feed their poor children in times of difficulty, you realise? Some people actually prefer a bit of crime to doing an honest day's work. They are known as 'career' criminals, or recidivists.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Sorry, this crime was not done 'to get by'. It is simply a bit of perverse enterprise, taking advantage of a situation to make money. Crimes are not exclusively undertaken so hard working men and women can feed their poor children in times of difficulty, you realise? Some people actually prefer a bit of crime to doing an honest day's work. They are known as 'career' criminals, or recidivists.

What you say is correct, some people do prefer crime to hard work however my point still stands. Crime figures will go up when poverty and financial struggles increase. Anyway how do you know that this crime wasn't done to feed a family? Neither of our comments are incorrect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What you say is correct, some people do prefer crime to hard work however my point still stands. Crime figures will go up when poverty and financial struggles increase. Anyway how do you know that this crime wasn't done to feed a family? Neither of our comments are incorrect.

You think a real man would go out of his way to trick a 90 year old out of her purse in order to feed his family? Indeed, we don't know which of us is correct. But I bet it's me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You think a real man would go out of his way to trick a 90 year old out of her purse in order to feed his family? Indeed, we don't know which of us is correct. But I bet it's me.
My guess is that someone capable of doing something as awful as that probably has a drug habit to feed.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
[tweet]1246062717456265217[/tweet]

She could use her staggering wealth and property to help treat people of course. But no, what we really need is a "special message". So that's her contribution then, along with having a thick son who takes an entourage of servants the length of the country (against all expert and government published advice) before testing positive - all no doubt costing more lives.

Are there really people who still think royalty is a good idea? It beggars belief.

Your name will also go on the list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here