Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Chocolate Bar Championship

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
TOPIC bars - has to up there. The only thing that lets them down is they are TOO small. Double up the size and let them become the TOPIC of every chocolate conversation.

Can't be my imagination that they have SHRUNK over the years - what is going on there? As you say bulk them up and they are real contenders.

Oh and Frys Chocolate Cream as well, as advertised by James Bond.......

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
From Michael Owen on twitter:
My top 5: 1. Picnic 2. Topic 3. Star Bar 4. Fruit and Nut 5. Ripple Others in the running: Drifter, Wispa Gold, Toffee Crisp, Lion Bar.

Clearly he has lived a sheltered life, when it comes to confectionery.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My top 5: 1. Picnic 2. Topic 3. Star Bar 4. Fruit and Nut 5. Ripple Others in the running: Drifter, Wispa Gold, Toffee Crisp, Lion Bar.

What a health conscious dickhead.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

What an utterly grim and predictable selection from the most boring and predictable man in football. I swear her was 65 when he was 21 that bloke.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What an utterly grim and predictable selection from the most boring and predictable man in football. I swear her was 65 when he was 21 that bloke.

and you can just hear him saying it in his dreary voice

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Is it me or are Boosts not as good as they used to be. Now i'm not trying to start one of these "back in my day" moans but i'm sure there used to be more biscuit in them and had a good crunch. Last time i had one i was a bit disappointed as it was a bit gooey in the middle and not enough biscuit. Or am i wrong and have they always been like this?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yorkie. My father would buy a big bar before going down to the Goldstone and we'd eat it at halftime.

(The Yorkie, not the Goldstone)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Is it me or are Boosts not as good as they used to be. Now i'm not trying to start one of these "back in my day" moans but i'm sure there used to be more biscuit in them and had a good crunch. Last time i had one i was a bit disappointed as it was a bit gooey in the middle and not enough biscuit. Or am i wrong and have they always been like this?

Know what you mean. Do you also find that Boosts always have a bit of caramel that has squidged out meaning that the wrapper is bonded to the bar in a couple of points? They're still absolute quality however, and I'll be backing them all the way.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Wonka crackling chocolate bar - hands down.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Know what you mean. Do you also find that Boosts always have a bit of caramel that has squidged out meaning that the wrapper is bonded to the bar in a couple of points? They're still absolute quality however, and I'll be backing them all the way.

They certainly still rule but i can see them being run close by the Lion bar

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I can see myself putting my weight behind Toffee Crisp, it used to be my favourite but has fallen out of favour in recent years, I think it's time for it to make a comeback.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Crunchie is the flair choice surely? It's old school, Cadburys and it's in a GOLD wrapper FFS.

I HATE mars bars, dull.. the Mark Hughes of chocolate bars if you ask me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I appreciate the chunkiness of a Yorkie but the chocolate tastes shit. Terry's (now Nestle) should know better.

Thank the LORD for some SANITY. Nestle chocolate is simply not NICE enough to stand on its own. Wrapped around wafers in a kitkat - FINE. Filled with raisins and biscuits - FINE.

On its own - horrible.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Galaxy is WANK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here