Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official 'Back from Barnsley (h)' thread

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Barnsley were woeful, I dont think one of their players even stood out for me.

Noone was busy but still is a bit indecisive about what he's actually going to do with the ball, tended to just lose it most of the time in the end.

Glad CMS got a couple . Worrying the way he keeps walking round the ground after the match clapping each 4 stands.....................as if its his last game or something.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
They were shit. We were good. Simple as that. I don't think we plays any better than we did against Cardiff, we just attacked more against a poorer side. We're going up.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Straight onto the first train to Lewes and I left on the final whistle !! Was a great game, everyone performed - even Dicker (for a bit).

Even more people would get home earlier if all the idiots, who just stand on the platform, got on the Lewes only train at 17:10.

Can't get on that train, I'm going to Seaford/Eastbourne, prats

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
Glad CMS got a couple . Worrying the way he keeps walking round the ground after the match clapping each 4 stands.....................as if its his last game or something.

Na he does that at every home game. He's always one of the last to walk off the pitch. I think it's great that he does it, shows he appreciates the fans support.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Great day, topped by:

Adkins grim look on SSN as their home PL homecoming went down the pan
(a S'ton fan on 5live said their post match phone on their local radio was crammed with calls of "Adkins must go"!)

and seeing Freedman's result as they march to a relegation.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Na he does that at every home game. He's always one of the last to walk off the pitch. I think it's great that he does it, shows he appreciates the fans support.

Phew! I 'd never noticed it before, then again I used to rush straight for the train. I've decided to stay for extra beers this season so look forward to seeing him do it more often:clap2:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Bruno, Barnes and lua lua in his cameo were quality. Would loved to have seen Barker have a run out. Good performance and pleased for CMS. Barnsley were awful tho.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Bruno is a class act and worth the admission fee, Bridge even fancied it today. If we can go up I reckon he would stay. BTW how was Bridge MOM v Cardiff.
Ps Home in Chaiey by 5.25pm

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Phew! I 'd never noticed it before, then again I used to rush straight for the train. I've decided to stay for extra beers this season so look forward to seeing him do it more often:clap2:

He explained it in an interview once, that because he worked in a garden centre before becoming a professional footballer, he really appreciates his luck and always treats each game as if it could be his last.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Why is it that when we spank a team everybody states that the other team were rubbish/woeful/crap ... they beat middlesboro last week so can't be that bad so lets praise the lads for a good game/result and not belittle it Eh ...

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Fab afternoon - great atmosphere in the ground!!

Great to see CMS finally find that net.

Highlight for my little girl when the players were warming up a balloon was on the pitch and Casper picked it up made his way over to the North Stand and handed the balloon to my daughter and said "here you go darling this is for you"!!! She was well made up. Thanks Casper for making a little girl very happy this afternoon. Spent all the game then having to hold the balloon and managed to get it home without it bursting!!!

Great to meet up with Pauli Cee at last and say hello and had a good chat on the train with The Judge who had the North singing loud again this afternoon.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He explained it in an interview once, that because he worked in a garden centre before becoming a professional footballer, he really appreciates his luck and always treats each game as if it could be his last.

Quality bloke.

So glad we didn't sell him.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Barnsley were terrible but we probably have the best back 5 of the league. We played well, Barnes got 4 (well 3 at least, not sure how CMS claimed the last). We could have had 8. Lovely stuff.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For me, the really encouraging thing is that, despite only having 4 points, we've played really well in all our games so far. Last season we were getting away with it a bit in quite of the early matches buoyed by the euphoria of promotion and the new stadium. This time around, I think we look a much more convincing team overall thanks to the new signings. Still maybe a striker and back-up midfielder short of being a top Championship side but really not far off it, as long as we have a bit of luck with injuries. And that's not allowing for 2 of our best players largely missing out so far.

Replays will show it was never a foul.

Also immediately after the goal Greer was celebrating with Barnes, whilst Gonzalez was standing over the defender he'd taken out.

Sneaky shove by Greer on defender took the defender into Gonzalez - but hey ho who cares ?:rave:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'll ignore all the obvious stuff.

thought Harley looked quite good when he came on. Good movement and work rate, should have scored that header but I figure after the hat full everyone missed in the first 2 games he can have a gimme for missing a chance. Not a starter yet but could edge out Dicker later in the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It wasn't a foul. Gonzalez clattered his own player and there was no contact with the Albion player at the far post - Greer I think - leaving Barnes the simple job of tapping home.
My most uncelebrated Albion goal ever.
It was too early :lol:, and I thought it was a foul, so I didn't really react.
I was just staring between ref and lino.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here