Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official All-Sticky LINCOLN CITY Cup Tie Thread - Have Your Shout Here!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sounded like a total shambles - must improve very quickly or else mid-table obscurity I'm afraid.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree with that EM although the referee's decisions were ludicrous.

Mayo and Jones must be dropped even if we have to use youth players.

Those who know me know how far we have sunk for me to type this :(

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
To be honest is it any surprise that we lost.
Brentford was a total shambles but most of the team were not trying which I thought would be sorted out with a new manager.
Peterborough, the team gave it everything but were totally outclassed and gave the ball away far too often which was a worse performance in my opinion.
We need players in this week or the season could get very bad indeed as we are playing like a bottom 6 club.
At least the whole division is crap so we are still in with a chance.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Icy Gull said:
Micky Adams couldn't. The 3rd div Championship team lost 1-0 in the most one sided game I've ever seen Albion lose.

Big difference is that we were unlucky last time :angry:

Actually, it was 0-2. They got their first from a corner with their first attack and the second not long after from open play- scored by David Cameron!. He also got the ball in the net in the second half and had Phil Stamp running round the pitch like an idiot, until the ref. disallowed it.

Apart from that I agree, it was the most one sided defeat I've seen. Someone described it as "the day we thrashed Lincoln 0-2".

I actually spoke to Phil Stamp the day after the match. Often wondered what he would have said to me if I'd said, " You're going to end up with a championship medal this season, as a player with that team you just beat".

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The problem is the manager still isn't really managing HIS side. He's inherited it, and now should have had the time to analyse our weaknesses and bring fresh blood in.

However shite it may have been today, im still looking forward to next week.

Keep the Faith.

Last edited:

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Withdean Wanderer said:
The problem is the manager still isn't really managing HIS side. He's inherited it, and now should have had the time to analyse our weaknesses and being fresh blood in.

I agree. Blaming McGhee is just a sign of our frustration, isn't it?

To be fair, he came here with a team in the top three who were playing first division last year. I think he must be shocked to see how ordinary we really are. He's had three games to look at us, which is the least he would need.

I think he now knows where he needs to bring in players, and we'll see what he can do. I think next week is too early. To be honest I think it might be next year before we'll see if he can really make a difference.

Last edited:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
just got back, pile of shit.

hi yorkie :wave: nice to meet you (i was the one with dtes!)

on the plus side we had a very amusing encounter with a nothern monkey steward in the car park, i'll tell all when i'm not so exhausted from losing and driving and losing and driving.... :nono:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Just got back. The ref gave them a totally bogus penalty early on but we never looked liked getting into the game. Midfield was swamped and McPhee and Knight got no service. Players like Harty and Chippy are playing badly. Pethick is not up to it and sadly Mayo and Jones look out of it these days. Even Michel has lost confidence. The only positive is that we have some good young players and perhaps Harding and Hammond (when back) are also now ready.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Raphael Meade said:

on the plus side we had a very amusing encounter with a nothern monkey steward in the car park, i'll tell all when i'm not so exhausted from losing and driving and losing and driving.... :nono:

Hiya Raphael I didn't realise that was you :wave:

Nice to meet Notters too

I couldn't find my car after the game. The police directed us out onto a different road. So I asked a copper where the recreation ground was and was sent in the wrong direction altogether!!

It took me nearly half an hour to find the car :lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Raphael Meade said:

Hiya Raphael I didn't realise that was you :wave:

Nice to meet Notters too

I couldn't find my car after the game. The police directed us out onto a different road. So I asked a copper where the recreation ground was and was sent in the wrong direction altogether!!

It took me nearly half an hour to find the car :lol:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
We were really bad today,complete waste of time and money travelling all that way to watch that performance.Inept,I know the very dodgy penalty must have thrown the players out and given Lincoln the perfect start but we never got going.:angry: :censored:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We were so awful it was unreal. Just how the hell are we going to get out of the hole that we are in at the moment? We are carrying too many players who seem to have lost interest and the situation can't be allowed to continue. It really is time to prune out a lot of the dead wood...only then might we see the green shoots of recovery. Knight must be beginning to wonder whether he made the right choice in joining us. To say that he is being starved of good quality service would be something of an understatement.

Come on lads....get it together....and quickly. Most of you are rapidly become a disgrace to the club and your profession.

:angry:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Sounded poor and it was an awful result.

But at least we know they are not bad players, but are off form. Something they will hopefully regain quickly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Shocking performance. No gameplan, no heart, no ideas, no leadership. Even Danny seemed half hearted, and FDM should have been with Billy Smart's Circus when they paraded around the pitch at half time

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To make matters worse they outsung us from before the start of the match until the 90th minute

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
El Presidente said:
To make matters worse they outsung us from before the start of the match until the 90th minute

That's true. Notters & Hants did their best to start quite a few songs.

It didn't help that we were all in the same stand with just flags to separate us:(

It just meant we could hear them better. :rolleyes:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yorkie said:
That's true. Notters & Hants did their best to start quite a few songs.

Im sure that went down well with the byf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here