Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fan

My thinking is to have a single 'no holds barred' post-match thread where you lot can give it all you like, allowing the rest of us to lick our wounds without undue provocacation.

It may not be a perfect approach but if it keeps moderation light, stops people having to be warned/banned and keeps our advertising partners happy then it strikes me as a reasonable compromise.

One thread post match if CP win seems a very sensible idea ..save the rest of the board being cluttered up....of course when we win ...numerous threads may be started lol

C

CT1

I meant football is a just a game, in the grand context of things. I hope we stuff you, but can't see it happening. Will depend on how Gus looks after Williams, and whether Murray is on form, as well who turns up on the night and brings their A game. That applies to both sets of players. Like I said early, it's bloody anyone's guess.

Football isn't just a game. Not saying its more than life and death and all that malarkey but its certainly more that a game.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
View attachment 40313

whistle_zpsb0edd19d.gif

PA-15404948.jpg

:whistle::whistle:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The picture of CMS being shot by a sniper doesn't show the Blackpool player a fraction of a second earlier blatantly tripping him up :wink:

Would you mind going back to help your mate Major, who's getting a kicking on his thread, and leave this one for us to take the piss,
Thanks awfully Soggy !

chopperchapman

Nov 6, 2008
Lets hit them on the break

Palace under Holloway are really only set up to play an attacking game.

IMHO it would suit our lack of strikers and probably Poyet's mentality to play a counter attacking game.

This would also our Spanish contingent and our passing game.

Of course it will require us to score first especially given our record when going behind.

I think that we will win 1-0 or 2-1 although it will need heroics from Kuzy, Greer & Co....

UP THE ALBION

Chopper Chapman

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Palace under Holloway are really only set up to play an attacking game.

IMHO it would suit our lack of strikers and probably Poyet's mentality to play a counter attacking game.

This would also our Spanish contingent and our passing game.

Of course it will require us to score first especially given our record when going behind.

I think that we will win 1-0 or 2-1 although it will need heroics from Kuzy, Greer & Co....

UP THE ALBION

Chopper Chapman

This is true, and while it may suit your game, you're missing some players and no-one in this league does it better than we do - you simply havent played a side with our attacking riches at home this season. And we'll be very much up for it - we always are. Whether your boys will be, well under Gus, they really havent been yet.

I think if you play really well You'll get a point - anything less and you'll lose by a couple.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
And while im at it I think we'd all rather enjoy a trip down memory lane...

Brighton Palace 27/09/11 - YouTube

Some things to note:

At the beginning Brighton fans pouring out at 1-2 with 4 mins left (great support when the team needed it !)
Noise of the Palace

"Have you got no pride ??" :lol:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Gus Poyet was on his way back from giving punditry on tonight's game. After being pulled over by the police, he was asked why he was doing 50 in a 30mph. He replied "I will do anything for three points".

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Our three games before the Palace game were bruising away matches. On the eve of the Palace game, we are decimated by injuries and suspensions. No Palace fan could have written a better script for his team.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Our three games before the Palace game were bruising away matches. On the eve of the Palace game, we are decimated by injuries and suspensions. No Palace fan could have written a better script for his team.

Put the violin away, Both teams have problems with injuries-

Palace-
Richards(right back)
Ward(right back)
Garvan(CM)
Nimely(Wing/CF)
Gabbidon(CB)
Paddy Mc(CB)

Brighton are at home and have a decent record there, They are also favourites with the bookies.

Oh and the suspensions are your own fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here