Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Izaguirre in the chasing group. He's got to be the best value for money in the whole fantasy league!

Probably, but very popular so cancels it out. Unless you think you can steal a march on rivals by not choosing a popular rider of course :facepalm: I missed out there by going Sprick rather than digging deeper on Stortoni.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I hope everyone realises that we are now just over a day away from a big news item announcing Wiggo is virtually certain to be the first brit to win the tour. This will result in lots of newbies watching the procession to paris and being irrevocably confused.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's alright, Stat Brother will be answering all the newbie questions, he's our official spokesman/media contact :)

I hope everyone realises that we are now just over a day away from a big news item announcing Wiggo is virtually certain to be the first brit to win the tour. This will result in lots of newbies watching the procession to paris and being irrevocably confused.

And I will be one of them.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Saturdays TT and two possible sprints, we so dream of a Yellow jerseyed MOD leading out a pumped up CAV in Paris

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Go on Tommy ! :lol:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Saturdays TT and two possible sprints, we so dream of a Yellow jerseyed MOD leading out a pumped up CAV in Paris

I would have thought EBH would be the lead out man. Though that would be awesome, I marked out seeing him leading out EBH in the yellow jersey.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can Van de Broek (4th) make a bid to jump to the leading group on the penultimate climb? (Dreaming)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Liquigas not allowing the break to go far, this will come down to the big boys, today could be a classic.

Result of second climb

1. Voeckler (EUS) 5pts

2. Kessiakoff (AST) 3pts

3. Casar (FDJ) 2pts

4. Martinez (EUS) 1pt

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SB, doesn't do much of that either! :ohmy:
Oi. :down:
I bet all my doms combined have scored less than 10 points.
It's all been rather down heartening. Every time I've had a shake up either the ones I've dropped or the rest of the short list has gone on to do well, as opposed to the muppet with stablisers and streamers, that I put in my team

It's alright, Stat Brother will be answering all the newbie questions, he's our official spokesman/media contact :)
Bollox, it just goes to show I'm the only one with any patiences.
A fact you boys should be ashamed and a little scared of :lol:

I too went for Cobo today.
Working on the theory he should have just about ridden all the drugs out of his system, from last September.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Can Van de Broek (4th) make a bid to jump to the leading group on the penultimate climb? (Dreaming)

Hope so, but I think the leading group will get blown away on the Port de Bales, as Nibali attacks and tries to stay clear on the descent to the final climb. Where he will get caught by Sky, and someone from the remaining small group will go on to win it.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hope so, but I think the leading group will get blown away on the Port de Bales, as Nibali attacks and tries to stay clear on the descent to the final climb. Where he will get caught by Sky, and someone from the remaining small group will go on to win it.

That group will be made up of Wiggins, Froome, VdB, Rolland, TJvG, Evans, Pinot and someone a bit surprising.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Latest KOM sit: Tommy V 133. Kessiakoff 117

It really is over now, there is no way Kessiakoff will get to the top of the Port de Bales still at the front.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That group will be made up of Wiggins, Froome, VdB, Rolland, TJvG, Evans, Pinot and someone a bit surprising.

That's your trouble, so vague, can't you be a bit more specific ?

:jester:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That's your trouble, so vague, can't you be a bit more specific ?

:jester:

I like a detailed prediction, what can I say.

The profile of the last two climbs of today.

TDF12-ETAPE-17-port-de-bales_Peyragudes-713x421.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Glad to see our chap at the front but what is it with this riding as a team business ? Is it a team event ? Will team Sky get an award ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Glad to see our chap at the front but what is it with this riding as a team business ? Is it a team event ? Will team Sky get an award ?
There is a team award, but Sky aren't in it, as it's the cumulative time of the first 3 (?) riders.

It's the ultimate team sacrifice sport.
Very much the 'team' riding for the individual.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
:lol: You won't beat Tommy !

For trying though Kessiakoff :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here