Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Break away has finally gone and no one interested in chasing it down. Lotto/Liquigas saving themselves for mountains and Green Edge do not have the team to reel them back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Break away has finally gone and no one interested in chasing it down. Lotto/Liquigas saving themselves for mountains and Green Edge do not have the team to reel them back.
Nah the stage win juices will start to flow, they'll be back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sky on the front now. Gap holding at 5:25. One for Cav?
Deffo esp now I've bitten the bullet and put Greipel in my team.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Brett Lancaster just abandoned

How many riders left - have not been able to find the list in the daily L'Equipe that shows all the riders and strikes out and adds a reason for abandons.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
What do Team Sky actually have to offer for Cav? I appreciate he's lost weight for the Olympics but this is exactly the sort of stage HTC Highroad would have chased down for him even if he isn't the best sprinter in the field.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
What do Team Sky actually have to offer for Cav? I appreciate he's lost weight for the Olympics but this is exactly the sort of stage HTC Highroad would have chased down for him even if he isn't the best sprinter in the field.

If it wasn't the Olympics this year I can't imagine why Cavendish would go to Sky. However, this year he has (most of) the Team GB lead-out train at Sky. Oh, and a shitload of money, I'd assume...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As much as I feel sorry for him.
He knew the deal when he signed it.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Pretty disappointing stuff.

I feel sorry for Cav.

Agreed, but maybe he's not feeling it today after the mountains yesterday. The MJ is Sky's to lose and far more important than another stage for Cav, so an easy day will be more than welcome. Also the MV is now going home with Sagan so nothing for Greenedge or Lotto to turn themselves inside out for either.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Massive pay packet, team wins that he does not have on his impressive cycling Palmares, hopefully new challenges as he gets older and perhaps changes to his cycling targets. But yes I am sure if HTC had stayed together and paid him the same he may still be there. But then we would not have managed to get a great club doctor.

Perhaps they will set him up to win Green Jerseys in the Giro and Veulta. He seems happy which is the main thing, he really wants that Gold medal and that his main focus this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here