Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 102nd Tour de France, thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CJPzuZuWcAAAQ3D.jpg

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Remember those boring old first weeks when it was what sprinter will win today and you could tune in at 16.15 to catch all the action, Cobbles today lets hope peoples teams won't lose anymore riders today and the threatened rain stays at bay, watching riders on wet cobbles is like watching dentists pull death, the noise and groans lives with you.

Attachments

• NSC 33.jpg
    NSC 33.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 221

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Remember those boring old first weeks when it was what sprinter will win today and you could tune in at 16.15 to catch all the action, Cobbles today lets hope peoples teams won't lose anymore riders today and the threatened rain stays at bay, watching riders on wet cobbles is like watching dentists pull death, the noise and groans lives with you.

Team Stat is already down to 8 men, third might just be as good as it gets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stage 4 Seraing - Cambrai, 223.5 km COBBLESTONES

This is the longest stage of the 2015 Tour. The longest stage ever was 482km between Sables d’Olonne and Bayonne, used between 1919 and 1924.
221.5km is the shortest distance covered by the Tour’s longest stage in the race’s history. (am I being thick?)
The Tour enters France, its third country. The most cosmopolitan Tour was 1992, which visited seven countries in total.
The Tour last visited the start town, Seraing, in 2012, when Peter Sagan won his first Tour stage

stage_04_map_670.jpg

stage_04_profile_670.jpg

I guess it's fairly safe to say Nibali will be active today.
Gallopin and GVA will be aiming for yellow, while G & Stan sit either side of Froome.
I can see Stybar and Martin making the race, and I think the Steppers will come away with something today.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Team Stat is already down to 8 men, third might just be as good as it gets.

I think most teams will have riders down after yesterdays episodes, lets hope the rain over Brighton stays here and does not decide to watch the cobbled sections. Really don't want riders taken out today.

G will have to work hard today, would have been a great stage for Cancella unfortunately. I am sure velocasts were muting Alexis Vuillermoz as a good outside chance today and was about 66-1. Would someone like Stybar be given free reign today to have a go at a stage win,

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Blistering pace heading into the first section of cobbles. Cross wind causing the main peloton to split into 2. 125km to go and it's already looking a classic stage.

Cav leading the peloton riding for Tony Martin - great stuff

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
How did Lotto get away with cycling kit that looks so similar to the yellow jersey

Weird isn't it. Back in the day, Once used to change their yellow kit to a pink kit for the Tour. When Cancellara crashed yesterday with all those Lotto Jumbo's it took ages to know he had crashed, whereas normally the yellow jersey sticks out like a sore thumb, like it is supposed to do.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cav won the intermediate sprint really well, using Renshaw as a decoy

Did you see Sagan after they sat up after the sprint say to Cav, Griepel and Dekenklob 'lets form a break' - Griepel actually looked behind to see where the peloton was then had a good laugh with Sagan. Really good to see a bit of humour from them. Cav's expression didn't change though...

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Weird isn't it. Back in the day, Once used to change their yellow kit to a pink kit for the Tour. When Cancellara crashed yesterday with all those Lotto Jumbo's it took ages to know he had crashed, whereas normally the yellow jersey sticks out like a sore thumb, like it is supposed to do.

Lotto Jumbo and Saxo had to change kits for the tour but LJ left the back almost completely yellow so you can't see the Maillot Jaune!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
WTF. Annoying constant phrases are one thing, but coming back from the ad break with the words, "like last year the crashes happen before the cobbles, with Froome coming down".

Has Froome crashed today? No, he hasn't. Think about what you say :nono:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Right that is it. Eurosport and the incredibly annoying Carlton Kirby it is. Confusing Kwiatkowski with Rui Costa just isn't good enough.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
In the classics the cyclist seem more spread out, its seems more cyclists heading for the narrow cobbled roads in the TDF

All the main contenders through the second section

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here