Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ODDS that don't LIE

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England were a damn sight shorter at the halfway stage in the World Cup cricket vs Ireland.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Any bookies worth their salt would be paying out on us by now.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
They clearly dont want any more being laid on us then.

I also think they have made SCC as short as they are to tempt people in.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
You could get 1/6 yesterday. If I was looking for insurance I would back Posh. We have to play SCC and Hudds while if Posh can go on another run they could yet threaten. I was pretty impressed with them despite losing to MK Dons.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Any bookies worth their salt would be paying out on us by now.

Paddy Power hasnt paid out yet on My Crawley to be champions bet ! and thats way more nailed on !

Tight buggers....i was only going to spend it on the masters anyway !

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just a quick update:

English League One Match and Outright Odds - statto.com

So it seems Albion are a best price 1.04 to win the league, which if I understand this correctly is the same as 1/25.
It also appears we are best price 1.002 to win promotion, which is the same as 1/500. :ohmy:

I don't think the bookies want you to bet on Albion success any more. The fat lady is clearing her throat.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
It could be there but also it could be to cover themselves if a shock happens. The momentum is likely to cause a lot of people to put bets on and at this stage where they have no idea how everyone will do in the transfer market over the summer, it's safer to keep shorter odds on the teams that may have a lot of fans getting excited and putting bets on. It's the same reason why British bookies usually give shorter odds on England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland in the world cup, even though we all know full well there's not a hope in hell!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Npower Championship Winner 11/12 | Npower Championship | Football Betting | Sky Bet

Why are we currently placed at 14/1 as opposed to a team like Millwall being 33/1?

Is that to encourage Brighton fans to put money on us? We not going to win the league, so why relatively short odds compared to some more established teams?

Its called being scared of a club on the crest of a wave and more importantly being scared about Mr Bloom's millions. If u want to back Albion, hold fire till pre-season when you will get better odds.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
With the clear out of players it's clear that Poyet is clearly going to bring in some quality upfront. If we get some Championship strikers in we probably won't be too far off the playoffs next season.
14/1 is still a bit too light though, as SkyBet were this time last season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here