Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Awoke to find out our new MP in Mid Sussex is a bloody Liberal Democrat. How embarrassing. I'm not sure there ever has been a more pointless party.
The Tories have abandoned sensible policies in recent years, they've made themselves a pointless party.

They need to reflect on what they've done to the country in the past decade and think carefully before veering off further to the right

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Weird how he was hugely popular in 2017 - and achieved a higher share of the vote than Starmer will, despite the last seven years of Tory misrule. Yet he lost badly in 2019. Many reasons, but the way he was demonised was shocking.
I remember Corbyn's huge popularity and great victory.

(It wasn't even close. Boris was massively more popular).

But..... (there are no buts).

I gave Corbyn a chance but he'd blown it in hours (the interview he didn't like and pretended his phone wasn't working).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
narcissist‘s have a very short half life when put under the microscop.

ironically the one thing he craves, that of being an MP, is the thing that will screw him over.
He’s going to be under a microscope with both labour and the Tories wanting to rip him a new one. The new speaker will be very hard nosed which means he’ll sit on Farage and his ilk when they start playing up.
Farage's standard method of doing politics is to portray himself as an outlier, the outsider and the rebel. Turning your back to someone speaking in The Commons, waving a little Union flag or walking out isn't going to get anything done for the voters of Clacton.

He's not going to be turning up often as he has nothing constructive to offer. I think that if Labour can get this country moving again with inclusivity and improvements for all, Reform Ltd will wither and he will go back to advertising moneymaking schemes on You Tube.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder if Kuenssburg will cry when Rishi does his farewell speech before calling a by-election and ****ing off to LA?

She is going for Labour in a very aggressive way on the BBC at the moment. They’ve just won a landslide FFS. Perhaps give them a day off before implying they have no chance of fixing the Country.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The News Statesman won a poling landslide. Except for Scotland.

IMG_2358.png

I wonder if Kuenssburg will cry when Rishi does his farewell speech before calling a by-election and ****ing off to LA?

She is going for Labour in a very aggressive way on the BBC at the moment. They’ve just won a landslide FFS. Perhaps give them a day off before implying they have no chance of fixing the Country.

Yep. It is pretty obvious who she supports. Be impartial like you shoukd be ffs.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Great news for Earley and Woodley, also for Wokingham where we finally saw the back of the Tories after 74 years, and 37 years of Redwood - it's the first time in my 40+ years of voting where it felt like my general election vote mattered!
Exactly! you could have put a blue ribbon on a broom before this election and it would have won. I rode my Monkey bike to Marlow yesterday, went through Woodley to Henley forgot about the Regatta and felt strange about riding a noisy little bike with all the Toffs in their stripy blazers and posh dresses. What I noticed was a lot of Labour boards riding through Woodley and loads of Lib Dem’s boards in Henley which incredibly I think the Lib Dem party won there, That used to be Bozo Johnson seat at one point.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Its going to be an interesting battle for the leadership of the husk of what is left of the Tory Party... there are a few big beasts left, Braverman, Hunt Cleverly and Priti Patel all re-elected... which way will it go ?
Farage.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Another narrow Labour victory - Neil Duncan-Jordan has taken the seat of Poole from the Tories overturning a majority of 18,608.

After a number of recounts, it has been declared Duncan-Jordan won the seat by just 18 votes.

We have three more constituencies left to declare - two in Scotland and one in Essex.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Beyond the worrying rise of Reform, the starkest and least commented upon stats from this election is the turnout. Looking like the lowest ever and, if not, down to 2001 levels. Strongest explanation is Tory voters not turning out, but Labour's failure to inspire might be another.
What about the hoops needed to be jumped to get to vote? My son would have missed out had we not badgered him. He's 38 and in a decent job.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No chance. That would involve him actually having to do some work, having to have endless meetings....all the minutiae of being a leader rather than a front man. Coming up with or fine tuning workable policies. Besides, he's a racist.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was an EU chameleon the once. Corbyn thought he was smart by saying entirely different things to different parts of the electorate mid campaign. Exemplified by the Richard Burgon EU interview (still on youtube). Corbyn was a lifelong critic and more of the EU as a capitalist club, that freedom of movement drove wages and incomes to the lowest common denominator.

But you’re missing the reason for this current chat. The growing argument tonight from the people who deem Starmer and Reeves at Red Tories, is that Corbyn got more of a mandate than them.
No. A popular vote is not a mandate, when the other lot get an even bigger popular vote, which they did.

FPTP post kept Corbyn out. Good.

With the PR that Farage wants we would be waking up to a Tory-Refarm coalition this morning.

It is what it is (thankfully).

Happy that SNP have finally taken Independence off the table (by taking themselves off the table). Swinney now addressing this, 'accept . . . failed to convince on independence'. Result!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
There is a chance that Reform will pick up a fifth MP following the recount in South Basildon and East Thurrock, putting them on a par with the DUP’s 5 seats, who had a total vote of about 172,000.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No chance. That would involve him actually having to do some work, having to have endless meetings....all the minutiae of being a leader rather than a front man. Coming up with or fine tuning workable policies. Besides, he's a racist.
Not being funny, but if 'Boris' can do it...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
And you average Tory isn’t that much an arse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here