Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Worst ever Tory performance in an election - ever. Breaking records.

Still can’t get over that nearly -50% swing in Mid-Sussex, astonishing. In MID-SUSSEX of all places.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Feel quite emotional this morning. At a time when so many countries, including many major European countries, are lurching to the far right in worrying percentages, too. This country ain't so bad
As long as we ain't arguing about football.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I'm also surprised by the majority. Stunning result. I'm also up in Fiveways and have done some leafletting. Have to say the Greens were disorganised yesterday. Their telling system didn't work, and they seemed to be frantic about things. We voted at 7.45. There was only a Labour teller at that point but I went for a walk up Hollingbury Fort and on my way back, there was one who I gave our polling number.
At 1, I got a call asking me to vote. At 2.30, there was a bang on the door asking me to vote. At 9.30, my partner had a call asking me to vote. We did say that the overload might put certain voters off.
Thanks for this. I'll feed this back. Looks like we weren't feeding the numbers back. A lot of the local H&F activists are away and perhaps they couldn't get the bodies to do all the telling and running.

Greens also won a Council seat in Adelaide and Brunswick in a bye-election.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A couple of questions for those watching BBC:
1, did anyone else have the blackout -- or, more accurately, 'greenout' as there was a blank green screen?
2, anyone else think Cleverley's rosette is not exactly blue and more accurately leans towards Brexity purple?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
worst result.jpg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Worst ever Tory performance in an election - ever. Breaking records.

Still can’t get over that nearly -50% swing in Mid-Sussex, astonishing. In MID-SUSSEX of all places.
Been changing quite a lot there though, demographically. Young families moving to the likes of Burgess Hill in their droves. It's been coming. Still very surprising - and brilliant - to see, though.

Jul 20, 2003
f***

Channel 4 .….. have Nadine Dumbass and Anne Widicombe (who I am disappointed to see is still someone who gets rolled out) Pitching up against .... A phalanx of quality journalists and intelligent political minds.

Ooo vavu

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here