Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why do reform supporters/spokeswankas all look like they have a debilitating brain injury, possibly caused by being dropped on their head by a careless parent?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Peter Bottomley won the last election by 15k
Tim Loughton was 7k

Hardly an easy win for Labour and at least something for the Tories to fight for - but no - they gave up in my opinion conceding defeat before it already started- FFS put up a fight for what has always been yours !!
No wonder we’ve lost faith in them and voted elsewhere!

The bookies odds made them clear Labour wins, even a month ago.

So much has changed since 2019. Unpopular lockdowns, cost of CV19, cost of living crisis, mortgage rates. With your local thing of the old folk being replaced by leftie folk from Brighton. In 2019 there was huge mistrust of Corbyn.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This Reform guy on BBC is a bit stupid, struggling to get a sentence out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Labour take Darlington. Reform votes made the difference.

Jul 20, 2003
After many elections of being their top target, Bristol might finally get a Green MP! Exciting for them.

Shame for Thangam Debbonaire, who in addition to having a fantastic name, always came across as a decent and reliable MP, and has been through all sorts of health problems.
I am so tempted to go to work on an anagram ... But I am rather drunk.

In fairness Thangam Debbonaire already takes some beating.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why do reform supporters/spokeswankas all look like they have a debilitating brain injury, possibly caused by being dropped on their head by a careless parent?
A very vigorous and detailed filtering process that ensures only those who can communicate with the Reform voters the most effectively get the nomination?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Marcus Jones, government whip loses Nuneaton in massive tory collpse. Labour win.

Jul 20, 2003
Waiting for some Tory spokesmoron to say that the landslide is a bogus result due to the low turnout.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Just rejoice at that news and congratulate Starmer
In our area, all schools have been running mock elections from 11 upwards - kids are also studying civics as part of the N.C so the education is there- the actual engagement could probably improve but it is largely reflective of how disenfranchised the parents/guardians are tbh. Spoke to one Mum today who was telling me her daughter asked her who she should vote for and the Mum said (obviously to her daughter) that it was up to her but to me the Mum said she didn’t have a clue who to suggest anyway.

(I said she should have given her daughter the large pile of election material/letters that came through our doors and tell her “that’s all we have to go on” too :lol:)

Sad. i had this discussion with my young grand daughter. Rather than policy I expressed the differences in values which seemed to help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here