Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not arguing that changing the system wouldn't help Farage, in the short term, anyway. My fears for the future notwithstanding.

I don't think anybody senior in Reform really wants to change the system anyway. They might moan about it now because in the short term they'd get more seats and it'd be weird if they didn't. But the likes of Farage want to lever themselves into power and influence and money. Probably by putting pressure on the Conservatives or directly taking them over. Making the system more representative and making it harder for a single party to have real power doesn't help him do that.

That's not an argument in favour or against of any system, it's a comment on how slimy Farage is.
Fair enough.

Reform, though.

We live in interesting times.... :thumbsup:

(enjoying a nice Toscana Rosso. BBC is serving me well. Strangely sober night....so far)

hang on....swingometer!

Labour vote down 14% in Newcastle!!!!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Labour vote down 14% in Newcastle!!!!
And winning the seats.

It'd be more problematic if they hadn't had a clear strategy (that's been reported on for weeks during the campaign, not just this evening) of not trying all that hard in seats where they were clearly always going to win.

If they'd been pushing to maximise their vote in Newcastle and it had still plummeted then there might be a bigger problem.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Is there anywhere that just lists the full results as they come in, without all the commentary? Vidiprinter stylee? I'm jumping from one site to another trying to find actual vites cast and it's doing my head in.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The labour vote down in Newcastle to independents is linked to Gaza, surely. Isn’t that what we all expected?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If she does lose, will she have to give the sword back ?
why-was-penny-mordaunt-the-one-to-carry-the-sword-of-state-645671b9d2ca9.jpg

As per Royal Tradition dating back to the 1470s, in service of her King , Penny Mordaunt will now raise a Private army to invade Suffolk in defence of the landed gentry of Norfolk.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
“Oh, come on, Baldrick, you're going to be an MP, for God's sake! I'll just put fraud and sexual deviancy.”

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Is there anywhere that just lists the full results as they come in, without all the commentary? Vidiprinter stylee? I'm jumping from one site to another trying to find actual vites cast and it's doing my head in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here