Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Took Friday 5th off as soon as the election was called. Ready for an all nighter. However have also now planned to go to Düsseldorf early that day IF England can beat Slovakia. That will mean an all nighter is going to be tricky!

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Took Friday 5th off as soon as the election was called. Ready for an all nighter. However have also now planned to go to Düsseldorf early that day IF England can beat Slovakia. That will mean an all nighter is going to be tricky!
I completely forgot about needing Friday off too and today, changed my day off to Thursday 4th to free me up for Polling Day activities but then stupidly said I’d work Friday instead. All nighters are the luxury of youth not the middle aged so by mid-morning Friday I’ll be asleep at my desk. 😎

Jul 20, 2003
There's a couple of things we need next week to be properly prepared. A multi option poll for the highlights you are looking for on the night by hour, and a ten course tasting menu, preferably with associated 'drinks' flight, and hopefully matched to the expected results timetable.

Come on NSC, you're up to it :thumbsup:

I'm planning on a pint and an espresso martini in my local when the exit polls are announced.

Going to get a dozen oysters and a bottle of fizz and have an oyster and a splash of bubbles for the first 12 Tory losses.

plus a selection of pork products to honour the worst PM the country briefly had.

Targeting a 4 a.m. finish.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Long day/evening standing around a polling station first so hoping I‘ll stay the course because there would be no greater satisfaction than seeing Sunak, Truss and the other big Tories scrunch up their faces in rictus smiles and claim it was a ”better night than expected” for them, while Labour HQs across the Country celebrate a landslide victory.

Exit Polls at 10pm will provide a general picture of how the Country has voted, so either way, given the current predictions, we’ll probably have a pretty good idea who the next party in government will be by then.
You won't get much trade there

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Back from work vote dinner and nap then snacks will get some nice cold meats etc then bosh bbc for the exit poll no work Friday so will watch it all the way through

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Was the same as soon as it came clear about the the 4th I was straight in to book the 5th off

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm planning on a pint and an espresso martini in my local when the exit polls are announced.

Going to get a dozen oysters and a bottle of fizz and have an oyster and a splash of bubbles for the first 12 Tory losses.

plus a selection of pork products to honour the worst PM the country briefly had.

Targeting a 4 a.m. finish.
I like your style.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It seems that most of my work colleagues are planning to take Friday 5th off to stay up all night watching the election results, all with hopes of seeing the Conservative Party lose a record number of seats. It's going to be a very unproductive day in the UK!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What’s your choice? I’m thinking Original and Sour Cream.

IMG_2318.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Getting closer, Smallsy....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Guru-Murthy comes across as full of himself. I bet he loves looking in the mirror.

Who’ve GB News got on the night?
Actually, if the election night goes as I hope, then I might just be tempted for the first time ever, to watch a bit of GBeebies. Could be quite funny.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Was the same as soon as it came clear about the the 4th I was straight in to book the 5th off

Decided to take Friday off now so I’m definitely be on @Bozza’s all nighter with my pringles, lovely glass of wine, one eye on the TV.

I remember Election night 1997 - we had spent most of the night at the Corn Exchange in Brighton at the count, crawled into bed in the wee small hours of the morning for a quick kip then celebrating all day in the pubs - it felt like the World had changed that day - anticipating slightly less of a feeling of a seismic shift on the 4th - 1997 was a truly historic victory and marked a real change in the Labour Party - under Blair we‘d gone from the party of perpetual opposition to winning a landslide, so I don’t think anything that happens on Thursday will compare to that on a personal level (I was much younger then too and more involved) . I just hope it will be a win in SW Norfolk.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Actually, if the election night goes as I hope, then I might just be tempted for the first time ever, to watch a bit of GBeebies. Could be quite funny.

A (Brexit) lifelong close friend of mine watched the all night C4 2019 election coverage for the converse reason. I forgot to look.

The bitterness on Guru-Murthy’s defeated face was palpable.

GBNews/TalkTV … this is my prediction. They’ll simply blame your friend Rushi. “Too liberal, weak on the boats, record taxation, called the GE too early, shouldn’t support Ukraine/former Soviet states, ECHR, blah, blah, blah”. Signalling their full conversion to far right broadcasters, they’ll champion the Truss/Farage alliance and start the far right campaign for 2029.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Decided to take Friday off now so I’m definitely be on @Bozza’s all nighter with my pringles, lovely glass of wine, one eye on the TV.

I remember Election night 1997 - we had spent most of the night at the Corn Exchange in Brighton at the count, crawled into bed in the wee small hours of the morning for a quick kip then celebrating all day in the pubs - it felt like the World had changed that day - anticipating slightly less of a feeling of a seismic shift on the 4th - 1997 was a truly historic victory and marked a real change in the Labour Party - under Blair we‘d gone from the party of perpetual opposition to winning a landslide, so I don’t think anything that happens on Thursday will compare to that on a personal level (I was much younger then too and more involved) . I just hope it will be a win in SW Norfolk.
Election 97, I didt have a Hereford ticket till about 8 pm on the election night my cousin came up with a spare so legged it to the pub to met him , my train on the Friday to Hereford left hove about 9am ish so I stayed up all night ,

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here