Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Christ. Dorries is batshit.

The implication of her rant is that Britons should be having more babies so that we have more people to be midwives etc. Lunatic.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Anger with “MP’s all being the same” means less people voting
Reform taking huge swathes of Con vote share.
And some Labour

Wonderful to see the headline exit poll

But worried about the future of our wonderful country
In five years time, the Snake Oil salesman could really be a huge influence

Hopefully he will have something better to do by then.
Surely the Tories will have sorted their shit by then and many of those Reform voters would return.

I never thought I'd be hoping for the cons to get them selves electable.

I feel my biases shifting.

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
So people are saying it looks like Labour have got 36% of the vote, 4% lower than Corbyn got in 2017. They are not popular and will get even more unpopular pretty quickly from this low base when people figure out they have no plan except sitting on their arses in office. What a fraudulent election system we have that this is a “landslide”
Where did you get this stat from?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ledsome says Reform is a 'protest against people not being conservative enough'. Not good enough would be more to the point.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As I said to a friend of mine the other day, the far right was very popular in the 1930's but it had mostly disappeared by the mid-40s. Not sure what happened in between. Probably nothing to worry about...

Climate change - Africa and the Middle East is facing horrendous environmental changes. Millions of migrating to Europe, increasing upsetting indigenous populations. This is the number one issue in France, Italy elected a right wing government, Sweden’s lifelong centre-left coalition lost control, alt-right Orban lords Hungary through his EU banned anti asylum laws.

There’s a huge change.

Who would’ve thought that mankind screwing the planet with carbons would cause the above?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Reform spokesman on BBC says 'FPTP is broken' 'and that's why we want PR'.

Come and defend him, electoral reformers. There is some sea near Faversham and I shall gladly direct you to it.
I am genuinely worried that at the next election either the Conservatives go full Reform/Farage twattery and win, or Reform themselves gain even more and end up with a huge number of seats.

At which point a) they probably won't be arguing for electoral reform (they definitely don't really care about it as a matter of principle), and b) the "FPTP keeps nutcases line out" line would look a bit thin.

I will be delighted if none of that happens.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Worrying that Leadsom keeps implying that the Tories will just keep moving further to the right to fight off Reform.

I don't believe that's what the people want. I think a lot of the Reform vote is simply people protesting the Tories but couldn't face voting Labour.

At least that's what I hope, extremely worrying state of affairs otherwise.

Exit poll seems to think the Tories have held on in Horsham too which would be a real shame.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
But worried about the future of our wonderful country
In five years time, the Snake Oil salesman could really be a huge influence
Agree.

People are mistaken if they think defending the current electoral system will stem the tide. Better to confront the issues and national mood head on than burying your head in the sand and relying on FPTP, otherwise the numbers of disaffected and disenfranchised will just grow and grow. Or, the Tories will lurch far to the right, scoop them all up and win.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Christ. Dorries is batshit.

The implication of her rant is that Britons should be having more babies so that we have more people to be midwives etc. Lunatic.
She is a rotweiller in Chanel and lipstick.

I have been watching for an hour and she has been called out for lying twice.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am genuinely worried that at the next election either the Conservatives go full Reform/Farage twattery and win, or Reform themselves gain even more and end up with a huge number of seats.

At which point a) they probably won't be arguing for electoral reform (they definitely don't really care about it as a matter of principle), and b) the "FPTP keeps nutcases line out" line would look a bit thin.

I will be delighted if none of that happens.
Yes, I agree with you. Apart from that. If we had PR now, Refarm would have 120 seats by the morning..

FTP will never be replaced....Let it go, let it go.

Last edited:

Doesn't feel like 1997 mk2 does it ?
Then there seemed to be the sentiment that "It has to be Blair", now its more like "Anyone but Tory".
Starmer has got a lot of work to do to win people over.

Yes and no. I think we are generally a nation of centre right/centre left. So, yes, Tories are ****s, but I do believe there is a lot of genuine belief in Labour.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, I agree with you. Apart from that. If we had PR now, Remain would have 120 seats by the morning..

FTP will never be replaced....Let it go, let it go.
This election has changed my mind about PR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here