Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC Greyhound Syndicate - Sign Up Here Thread!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Of course I could,a good BHA supporting friend of mine died earlier this year and I could see it as cheering it on for him.

Nice sentiments, thanks.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
I'll take a full share UNLESS someone else wants to go halves with me?...

Obviously its for BHA fans first,but if it gets near the cut off date and you need somebody for a half share please bear me in mind.

Would you two like to get together on this?? :clap2:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
By my calculation we have got 12 ready to sign up. :clap:

The Bank details should be available in the next couple of days - see thread on the Greyhound Board.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At the end of the cut off date, if there's 10 shares sold, that's all there will be available.

But a reserve list will operate if anyone drops out, or wants to sell later on.

We're hoping for between 10 and 15 shares in total.

7 shares taken so far.

Are you going to review the first thread to ensure that everybody who wanted a share then gets the chance to get one in case they miss this thread.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Are you going to review the first thread to ensure that everybody who wanted a share then gets the chance to get one in case they miss this thread.

I will be going through the threads with a fine tooth comb and PM'ing anyone who showed an interest a little later on today :wink:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Originally Posted by Trigger
Do we know whose going to train said greyhound?

Gus Poyet, who else :thumbsup:

If he can turn Adam El-Abd into a masterful defender, he can turn a mutt into a Grade One racing machine. :D

Was impressed by the El-Bad last night :thumbsup: Looked in control of all the defensive situations that he had to face, and didn't even look like giving a penalty away! lol

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
There's still a week to go to get involved.

Have a look at the separate Greyhound Forum off the main board to se how its going.

:thumbsup:

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Just to say that Brian Clemenson is based at Billingshurst (not Heathfield) as I saw him there last week at the kennels.
It's a great set-up there and right on the A272.

I've owned and raced greyhounds on and off for the past 25 years so if you want to know anything just ask.

If I was buying one (and didn't know anyone in the game) I'd ring Ian Greaves who is pretty much the best breeder in Ireland. Ring 00 353 45 525177 to see what he's got.
Don't buy anything that couldn't break 18.50 in it's sprint schooling trials around Knocklong though.

You could also look at Greyhounds for sale where most of the Irish sell their dogs. Always ask for a vet's certificate.

If you're running it at Hove make sure you don't get a sprinter that needs oxygen after the 3rd bend.

Make sure that when you buy the dog you get it's passport and the ID matches the tattoo in his ear.

Just be careful if none of you know any trainers or breeders. You won't be surprised to learn that they'd love nothing more than to palm off some useless individual onto the naiive.

Good luck.

:albion1:

essex seagull

Nov 2, 2008
essex
Dont know if this information is any use but there are one or two dogs in Clemensons kennel for sale that have already graded on thus saving you money on transport from Ireland and a months kennel bill waiting to grade in .

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
http://www.igb.ie/Trainers-Landing/Greyhounds/?gid=E83C219D-EF44-4DB9-985F-FFFF9DD446C6

This black dog based near Galway seems a decent purchase. Not sure how much money you have, but I reckon you'd get him for £1,500.
He's close to top grade in Ireland, still very young, been 1st or 2nd in 5 of his 7 races so far.
Great early pace and stays well. Galway is a good galloping track (like Hove) as it's around their rugby pitch.
Take a look at the videos and see what you think.
If I had £1,500 to spend, this is the fella I would buy.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
OK, so this guy has never been beaten when he's pinged out of the traps and led.
However we learn more in adversity in greyhound racing as well as life generally.
Look at his run on 29th April. He missed the break, gets a hell of a bump at the first bend after which most front-runners would give up.
This guy gets his head down and chases hard to get back into the race and ends up finishing second.
It's an impressive run and you know what, if you don't buy him, I just might.

Just get a good answer as to why he didn't race from July to October. He probably had an injury and make sure you get a vet's certificate.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
One final word. He's in the first round of a sweepstake tonight.
Fingers crossed he gets eliminated.
Trap 1 will lead him so it looks a tough one for him to win.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Biffer have you thought about joining the syndicate? sounds like you could help us and also have a bit of fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here