Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC Dean Wilkins After-Match Interview Drinking Game

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Although ironically, the forever frowning man rarely drinks (and certainly not beer), based on the classic 'cliché drinking game, listen out for Deano's after match comments with Andrew Hawes, and each one counts as a drink. Play this game, and not only will we be saving Brighton's bars on Saturday night, we'l be saving the gutters as well...

• Andrew Hawes mumbles into the microphone that he's talking to Brighton Manager Dean Wilkins after we've just been told by Harty that Andrew Hawes is talking to Brighton Manager Dean Wilkins... 1 shot of brandy / whisky / vodka - straight up

• Dean Wilkins pauses for dramatic effect after listening to the first question... 1 tequila slammer

• Dean Wilkins (deservedly) insults the referee... 1 pint of a beer you wouldn't normally drink

• Dean Wilkins credits certain players, but not too much... 1 glass of red or white wine

• Dean Wilkins gets the hump with Hawesy for asking such a dumb question... 1 poncey cocktail

• Dean Wilkins uses the phrase 'if you like...' when describing a tactic or passage of play that ought to be explained a bit better... 1 pint of light & bitter, with a Black Russian chaser

• Dean Wilkins says the dressing room is 'rocking' so such an extent that his voice tone goes up all of 1/8 octave... 1 liqueur

• You come away from listening to the interview wishing Dean Wilkins would just for once really let rip, turning the air blue - happy or angry - during a live interview... free turn - you choose

Any additional ones most welcome. Other than that, go for it NSC... :thumbsup:

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA

• Dean Wilkins uses the phrase "wee bit" to describe something small or less (e.g lacking a wee bit in quality) - [although that complete phrase deserves a chaser too!!]
- Glass of Lieffe

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
• Dean Wilkins resigns....one dirty pint

• Dean Wilkins uses the word 'buzzing'....one bitter shandy

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
good thread :D

Deano is the offical King of Cliche and his weekly bullying of Hawesy is always a treat - my favourite is the manager's exaggerated umbrage when Hawesy has had the impertinence to suggest that we might be happy with a point away from home...

I'd also like to think that Hawesy and Sir Norm are playing their own drinking game and teeing up Deano during the interview...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So what is the requirement and in what order?
:whisky::whisky::drink::whisky::drink::drink: ?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Deano and Hawesy enact entire interview at the lower threshold of human hearing, in readiness for next week's exclusive interchange in Trappist / semaphore / sign language. - One large ouzo with Metaxa chaser please, Stavros!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Hawsey Mumble:

"mmmyes m hrrwth Brightn mgr Dn Wkins. Dn, yr thrts on the gm?"

How can a man who provides such lucid and concise commentry for 90 minutes subsequently approach the mic as though his lips are stapled together ?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The Hawsey Mumble:

"mmmyes m hrrwth Brightn mgr Dn Wkins. Dn, yr thrts on the gm?"

How can a man who provides such lucid and concise commentry for 90 minutes subsequently approach the mic as though his lips are stapled together ?

My thoughts entirely, Easy. Hawesy is such a thoroughly nice bloke, though, that it would seem possibly too nasty for anyone - even his closest pals - to broach such a very necessary and obvious question. Maybe he's just never listened to the recordings....

Why the man isn't snapped up as a comm by Five Live is beyond me.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
1. Disappointed
2. Showed good character
3. Insults the referee
4. Pauses for dramatic effect
5. Credits players - but not too much

= skinful :drink:

So that's one shot of whisky, a shot of vodka, a tequila slammer, a pint of Speckled Old Wanker, a glass of Rioja - in any order.

Hmm, not quite a skinful - more hors d'oeuvre really. A sniffter, as my Mum used to say.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So that's one shot of whisky, a shot of vodka, a tequila slammer, a pint of Speckled Old Wanker, a glass of Rioja - in any order.

Hmm, not quite a skinful - more hors d'oeuvre really. A sniffter, as my Mum used to say.

I think you'll find it was the linesman he insulted this week - so we'll let you off with a HALF of Speckled Old Wanker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here