Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand tonight

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Also interested to hear how many were grassed up by their neighbors for anti-social behaviour!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Heard the feeble strains of "Stand Up For The Albion" but thought it was the East Stand being picked up by the BBC pitchside mics.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am sure I saw someone ejected from the South Stand tonight........

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Well, that will improve the Atmosphere and encourage more singing then. Still, 50p off a Bovril

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A couple by us. Harry potter asked us to sit down and I suggested that as we are 7 rows from the back we were ok...he agreed and apologised.

A couple by us. Harry potter asked us to sit down and I suggested that as we are 7 rows from the back we were ok...he agreed and apologised.

Was good to see old Harry back from the Withdean days! We sit fourth from back and are repeatedly asked to sit down despite those rows being allowed to stand, as was stated when buying a season ticket there. Im quite happy to sit to be honest, just seems the stewards are either too scared to say anything or dont actually understand the rules in the first place.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was good to see old Harry back from the Withdean days! We sit fourth from back and are repeatedly asked to sit down despite those rows being allowed to stand, as was stated when buying a season ticket there. Im quite happy to sit to be honest, just seems the stewards are either too scared to say anything or dont actually understand the rules in the first place.

we were standing for the first penalty in east upper last friday..steward tried to get people to no avail...told him to go and sit down himself..all was quite jovial

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Well I enjoyed the atmosphere in the North tonight. Thought it was pretty good considering the team weren't on song.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I am sure I saw someone ejected from the South Stand tonight........

There was and the guy was only putting his feet up on the seat, ended up with 4 stewards wading in and taking him out. Pathetic in my opinion! The stewards seemed on a real power trip tonight and will end up killing the little atmosphere we do have.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A steward told me they had been told to make people sit tonight, she had been moved from elsewhere for that purpose. Apparantly we were all being watched and if we didn't sit down we would be ejected.

They did however seem happy for us all to sit on the seats in the upright position.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
We had a gent moved from the ESU. Believe it was due to him bringing in his own alcohol and drinking it in view of the pitch. His mate also had to leave.....after they finally managed to wake him as he slept through the first half

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well I enjoyed the atmosphere in the North tonight. Thought it was pretty good considering the team weren't on song.

Agreed. They tried their best despite the garbage on the pitch and the lack of much singing from any other stand.

I didn't think the atmosphere was even close to the best it's ever been, however, I thought there was a tremendous effort to create one, and had the match been better perhaps that effort would have been fruitful. The attempts to create an atmosphere were way above what was deserved for the football on offer, especially in the first half.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I didn't think the atmosphere was even close to the best it's ever been, however, I thought there was a tremendous effort to create one, and had the match been better perhaps that effort would have been fruitful. The attempts to create an atmosphere were way above what was deserved for the football on offer, especially in the first half.

Suffering with sore throat and general croakiness today, as I'm sure plenty others around us were, but it was worth it in the end. Enjoyed being told off for pronouncing Dobbie wrong in a chant :lolol:
Can't remember celebrating a goal quite so deliriously for a while. Let's hope they get a bit more common, then creating an atmos won't be such hard work.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A couple of blokes in the NW lower got removed. They did not seem that bothered, i can only assume it was because one of them was wearing a dodgy pork pie/trilby hat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here