Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2024/25 Edition

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Just seen in a twitter conversation between Montpelier Villa and Arundel that Villa are moving to a new ground next season

Villa are really a Brighton based club but have been exiled in Lancing of late. Wonder where their ground will be?!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Not strictly non-league but no doubt many on here have visited the Elite performance center for an under 21 match.

What’s the situation? They’re not strict on tickets right? I’m no longer an ST holder so would need to get the ticket from a mate but assume they don’t check against ID? If hassle I won’t bother
Yeh I wouldn't mind checking out a game there

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Just seen in a twitter conversation between Montpelier Villa and Arundel that Villa are moving to a new ground next season

Villa are really a Brighton based club but have been exiled in Lancing of late. Wonder where their ground will be?!
Guess the southwick ‘stadium’ needs a team?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

They are taking over Southwicks ground aren’t they? Being made a 4G with a Premier League manager putting the money in?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
FA Cup - Oxford City 6-0 Willand Rovers. Oxford scored after 15 seconds and the game was pretty much done from that moment. They were so dominant that in the second half a few Oxford players looked thoroughly bored of it all.

IMG20240914144750.jpg

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Boston 1 Shots 1 att 1900 ish 204 away . Pie,chips ,Gravy £5 . A nice new ground 3 sided ,Shots lucky to escape with a draw . Stayed overnight 5 carefully chosen pubs ,the rest of the town full of unsavory characters .A case of watch yours backs . Still ground 346 ticked ,so no need to go back. .Ground 346 ticked ,347 a toss up between Croat Div 2 at Solin or Div 4 at Jadran Surucac .

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Boston 1 Shots 1 att 1900 ish 204 away . Pie,chips ,Gravy £5 . A nice new ground 3 sided ,Shots lucky to escape with a draw . Stayed overnight 5 carefully chosen pubs ,the rest of the town full of unsavory characters .A case of watch yours backs . Still ground 346 ticked ,so no need to go back. .Ground 346 ticked ,347 a toss up between Croat Div 2 at Solin or Div 4 at Jadran Surucac .

Gosh....that bought back some memories. Last time I went to Boston's ground was to watch them play Stevenage (Boro as they were then) about 2003 in the Conference days. I seem to remember Stevenage had Jamie Campbell playing for them at the time. No tickets/receipt for entrance issued and the money put into a biscuit tin. Are the stands still wooden? Game ended 2-2 with Stevenage finishing with 9 players.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Gosh....that bought back some memories. Last time I went to Boston's ground was to watch them play Stevenage (Boro as they were then) about 2003 in the Conference days. I seem to remember Stevenage had Jamie Campbell playing for them at the time. No tickets/receipt for entrance issued and the money put into a biscuit tin. Are the stands still wooden? Game ended 2-2 with Stevenage finishing with 9 players.
Different ground now

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Boston United have moved out but it is still there...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As Albion womens team have not started took a young relative to watch Lewes Womens play.. In my peak played there several times and has always been a good club. On website and all media all they go on about is fan ownership and equality. However will never get me there again £13 a ticket is a real rip off and game was very poor standard

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
As Albion womens team have not started took a young relative to watch Lewes Womens play.. In my peak played there several times and has always been a good club. On website and all media all they go on about is fan ownership and equality. However will never get me there again £13 a ticket is a real rip off and game was very poor standard
Lewes do say that the women are on equal pay with the men's 1st team and as they charge the same in admission you would be within your rights to expect a similar standard of contest surely.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I was surprised to see it stay at £13 to be honest, the quality in that league is dreadful after relegation and I'd be surprised to see other clubs that level charge that amount (Pompey didn't for example) I get the equality FC stuff, but the standard is low, and Lewes with all respect aren't very good this year.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I was surprised to see it stay at £13 to be honest, the quality in that league is dreadful after relegation and I'd be surprised to see other clubs that level charge that amount (Pompey didn't for example) I get the equality FC stuff, but the standard is low, and Lewes with all respect aren't very good this year.
The side Lewes played on Sunday charge £5 and Ipswich women charge £7

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here