Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2024/25 Edition

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Ground number 38 last night was the slightly ridiculously named "Infinity" of SCFL 1 for their Sussex RUR Cup game with SCFL Premier side Midhurst & Easebourne.

Having dug around a bit on this club, seems like they originated in Hampshire and bounced from town to town like a nomad before settling in Sidlesham in 2022 and moving into the SCFL at the start of this season.

As a result it's a bit of an odd set up, Sidlesham is tiny so who is supposed to follow this lot?!

Anyway, entry was £6 which included yet another example of pitchside parking. In fact due to the blustery weather a fair few people were watching from the comfort of their cars. The ground is just off the road that links Chichester and Selsey so it's quite easy to get to. Being on that peninsula it's all very flat and open. On two sides it's surrounded by open fields and then a few houses on the other two sides

It's essentially a recreation ground that they've hastily converted to get it up to standard. There's a fence around the pitch which separates it from the rest of the park and a small stand on one side. Not sure what the minimum amount of seats is for this level but I bet it's the exact amount that they have here as it's only a few and the rest is standing.

The clubhouse is basically what appears to be the village hall. It's quite big therefore but VERY dated and there is absolutely no mention of Infinity in there at all. There was a few beers on tap but the whole thing just doesn't feel very football-y. No sign of Bovril either

To be honest, this whole place feels like they're just squatting here. If they're going to stick around they need to find some way of imprinting their identity on it. Just feels very weird

Anyway they held their own against a team from the league above but Midhurst won 1-0. Infinity had plenty of chances to score but couldn't convert.

They did have a player with 1 arm who was absolutely brilliant though, a really skilful player
Did you get to count the attendance ?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Did you get to count the attendance ?
No but would generously estimate about 50. Mostly players friends and family and a few Midhurst lot

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Must have a generous financial backer then to be able to send the squad on an end of season holiday :smile:

Yeh I can only deduce that they have a bit of moolah behind them. Definitely held their own against a team a league higher than them and had some pretty good players

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's as tough a draw as Haywards Heath could have got - playing an Isthmian Premier League side away.

Been to Carshalton Athletic before. Not much there (Palace territory) but thinking of going there on Saturday 31st August.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That's as tough a draw as Haywards Heath could have got - playing an Isthmian Premier League side away.

Been to Carshalton Athletic before. Not much there (Palace territory) but thinking of going there on Saturday 31st August.
I can all too well remember my last visit to Carshalton, when l took a very young and inexperienced Horsham Reserve side there back in 1999/200, resulting in a ummm errr, cough, 14-0 defeat.

The stuff of nightmares it was, the stuff of nightmares l tell you.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Ground number 38 last night was the slightly ridiculously named "Infinity" of SCFL 1 for their Sussex RUR Cup game with SCFL Premier side Midhurst & Easebourne.

Having dug around a bit on this club, seems like they originated in Hampshire and bounced from town to town like a nomad before settling in Sidlesham in 2022 and moving into the SCFL at the start of this season.

As a result it's a bit of an odd set up, Sidlesham is tiny so who is supposed to follow this lot?!

Anyway, entry was £6 which included yet another example of pitchside parking. In fact due to the blustery weather a fair few people were watching from the comfort of their cars. The ground is just off the road that links Chichester and Selsey so it's quite easy to get to. Being on that peninsula it's all very flat and open. On two sides it's surrounded by open fields and then a few houses on the other two sides

It's essentially a recreation ground that they've hastily converted to get it up to standard. There's a fence around the pitch which separates it from the rest of the park and a small stand on one side. Not sure what the minimum amount of seats is for this level but I bet it's the exact amount that they have here as it's only a few and the rest is standing.

The clubhouse is basically what appears to be the village hall. It's quite big therefore but VERY dated and there is absolutely no mention of Infinity in there at all. There was a few beers on tap but the whole thing just doesn't feel very football-y. No sign of Bovril either

To be honest, this whole place feels like they're just squatting here. If they're going to stick around they need to find some way of imprinting their identity on it. Just feels very weird

Anyway they held their own against a team from the league above but Midhurst won 1-0. Infinity had plenty of chances to score but couldn't convert.

They did have a player with 1 arm who was absolutely brilliant though, a really skilful player
Against Oakwood at the weekend he also won MOTM. Absolutely outstanding and great to see.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Our old number 9 Sekou Toure left YM for Westfield in the close season. Good luck to him there..
That would be the Wesfield currently playing in the Isthmian South Central League rather than the Mid Sussex
Our old number 9 Sekou Toure left YM for Westfield in the close season. Good luck to him there..
That would be the the Westfield FC currently playing in the Isthmian South Central League rather than the Wesfield in the Mid Sussex

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Unbelievable in Newhavens game today

Attachments

• IMG_0307.png
    IMG_0307.png
    384.9 KB · Views: 72

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Ground number 39 yesterday: Glebelands home of Ferring for their SCFL 2 clash with Southwater

Free entry as you'd expect for this division. Pretty grim weather for a ground with no shelter to be honest

This place is basically a rec with a rope around the pitch. There is a small stand but it seems to be partly closed for renovations and no one was really using it. Seemed to be mostly used for storage. There was also a fence across the front of it so not sure if you'd really be able to watch the game from it

The clubhouse is actually pretty good and is also mid renovation, I reckon it'll be top notch once it's fully done. Decent bar with a good beer selection and they had a hooky stream showing the 3pm games. There's also a bit of decking in front with benches etc. quite good for a division 2 ground

Ferring were much better than when I saw them get demolished by Shipley but did lose 2-1 despite being 1-0 up at half time. A couple of decent players on each side

I'm doing a double header tomorrow with Hastings vs Folkestone Invicta at 3 and a yet to be decided SCFL game at 11 (either Hailsham, Eastbourne United or Little Common)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well, after a couple of defeats, Horsham YMCA back to winning ways yesterday, a 4-2 win over East Preston in the FA Vase. From what l'm told, (I was at the Amex), we were pretty poor in the first half against a very physical East Preston outfit, who came to disrup the game, tghey were lucky to finish the match with all 11 players still on the field apparantly. Bring on Camberley Twon in the next round.

We are back to league action tomorrow morning, in an 11am kick-off at Midhurst & Easebourne. What a daft time to play football, August Bank Holiday morning! I'm going to have to set my alarm to ensure l wake up in time.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Albion, Aldershot Town and Whitehawk won yesterday. I don't often get a triple celebration.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well, after a couple of defeats, Horsham YMCA back to winning ways yesterday, a 4-2 win over East Preston in the FA Vase. From what l'm told, (I was at the Amex), we were pretty poor in the first half against a very physical East Preston outfit, who came to disrup the game, tghey were lucky to finish the match with all 11 players still on the field apparantly. Bring on Camberley Twon in the next round.

We are back to league action tomorrow morning, in an 11am kick-off at Midhurst & Easebourne. What a daft time to play football, August Bank Holiday morning! I'm going to have to set my alarm to ensure l wake up in time.
The Isthmian Monday games were scheduled for 3pm which seems a worse time than 11am tbh. Broadbridge Heath rescheduled for Tuesday evening (again I’ll be at the Amex).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here