Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2024/25 Edition

Of all the repeat away days I expected to be doing in the same calendar year with Worthing, a second trip to Plymouth Parkway was not one I was expecting, but that's what the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round has thrown up!

Went down there in January as it was one of the multiple grounds that Truro played games at during that season.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Went to Varndeanians against Loxwood, 3-1 victory for the Vs, very impressed by them, last night amongst quite a lot of non-league within the last few weeks, have seen it alluded to on this thread a few times, the Loxwood social media team was scathing of the referee, who I thought had one of the best games I've seen of any ref at this level in a while, very strange, maybe they didn't like that they were losing. Was quite comedic the official in the stand demanding someone else took the penalty when it was given, which of course they duly missed.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The 4th Qualifying Round draw was kind to Horsham.

If they can get past 8th tier Margate at home tonight, they'll face another 8th tier side at home in Gorleston.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Went to Varndeanians against Loxwood, 3-1 victory for the Vs, very impressed by them, last night amongst quite a lot of non-league within the last few weeks, have seen it alluded to on this thread a few times, the Loxwood social media team was scathing of the referee, who I thought had one of the best games I've seen of any ref at this level in a while, very strange, maybe they didn't like that they were losing. Was quite comedic the official in the stand demanding someone else took the penalty when it was given, which of course they duly missed.
Certainly not the first time this season that the Loxwood social media team have been openly critical of refs during games. I'll be honest, I find them to be quite a difficult club to like

I was impressed with Varndeanians on Saturday as well, big improvement from last season

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Going to go and have a look at Hassocks this evening. They've had a great start to the season.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Certainly not the first time this season that the Loxwood social media team have been openly critical of refs during games. I'll be honest, I find them to be quite a difficult club to like

I was impressed with Varndeanians on Saturday as well, big improvement from last season
I can understand if they ref genuinely had a mare, but this ref was really on his game, strange.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I can understand if they ref genuinely had a mare, but this ref was really on his game, strange.
I dunno. Best not to criticise the refs from a social media platform, definitely not during the game. They’re an easy, but usually the wrong, target. That challenge might not have looked so bad if the player hadn’t rolled around. It is possible the ref or the assistant had a better view of the offside. Anyway just don’t post in the heat of the moment.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I dunno. Best not to criticise the refs from a social media platform, definitely not during the game. They’re an easy, but usually the wrong, target. That challenge might not have looked so bad if the player hadn’t rolled around. It is possible the ref or the assistant had a better view of the offside. Anyway just don’t post in the heat of the moment.
Oh yeah definitely, I have done social media for clubs, and I've been told to not mention the referee at all. However I was more saying if there was some interesting decisions, which could have gone either way, I could understand it, but there was nothing of the sort in this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here