Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yep. I’m not sure anyone did tbh. Big loss, but he did a great job for the club. He’ll be a big miss.
Spent the budget at ladbrokes didn’t he? :wink:

No idea where that rumour came from, definitely not true, know a few personal friends who’ve played under KG, only have good things to say about him, massive loss, IMO.

Last edited:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills

No idea where that rumour came from, know a few personal friends who’ve played under KG, only have good things to say about him, massive loss, IMO.
I can confirm that is the case as I work with a manager of another local team and he told me this today. Allegedly has scarpered to Portugal as well rather than face the music

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We'll miss hosting you at Gorings Mead next season.

Only because lwe are jealous at your success of course!
Cheers. We all try to treat those imposters the same - but it was a pleasure watching our first team this season. The Isthmian will bring its own challenges - on and off the pitch. Good luck to YMCA for the coming season.

Come the end of the regular season - football does not stop. We have four weekends of tournaments and 400 young players to register!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cheers. We all try to treat those imposters the same - but it was a pleasure watching our first team this season. The Isthmian will bring its own challenges - on and off the pitch. Good luck to YMCA for the coming season.

Come the end of the regular season - football does not stop. We have four weekends of tournaments and 400 young players to register!
Well we may not have the benefits of 3G . . . yet, but you are right, plenty of work going on behinded the scenes. The pitch needs plenty of attention and TLC to make sure we get another season out of it, and us volunteers are down at the ground doing all kinds of jobs most mornings of the week.

We have trials days for all three teams in a couple of weeks, and then pre-season training starts in earnest soon afterwards, and then before we know it the new season is upon us!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Came across this Team Talk Sussex TwiXer account which features video interviews with Sussex non-league teams:

https://x.com/teamtalksussex

Like the premise of it, probably be good for them to cross post to Instagram, TikTok, YOuTube etc as well to get more audience.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

No idea where that rumour came from, definitely not true, know a few personal friends who’ve played under KG, only have good things to say about him, massive loss, IMO.

Perhaps there should now be a 2024 / 25 season Non-League thread?

Friendlies are probably starting to to be arranged already....

jackalbion - as someone who has probably done more games than most over the past 12 months you'd like to start up the new one.....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Newhaven have already arranged their friendly matches.

IMG_1449.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Perhaps there should now be a 2024 / 25 season Non-League thread?

jackalbion - as someone who has probably done more games than most over the past 12 months you'd like to start up the new one.....
Err, excuse me- But the Non-League threads were started by ME a few years back.

@jackalbion, our non league guru, is welcome to start the thread as a guest of honour. But the title must be perfectly synced with the previous to satisfy my obsession with neatness and order.

The Non-League Football Thread- 2024/25 Edition​

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Err, excuse me- But the Non-League threads were started by ME a few years back.

@jackalbion, our non league guru, is welcome to start the thread as a guest of honour. But the title must be perfectly synced with the previous to satisfy my obsession with neatness and order.

The Non-League Football Thread- 2024/25 Edition​

And a lot of pleasure these threads have brought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here