Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
[tweet]1434204009997520899[/tweet]

If only :lolol:

Funny you share this as went to this game with my Torquay supporting colleague, and was in the pub where this happened. An absolutely bizarre game with Torquay 4-0 up at half time, and speaking to a Torquay fan he said “typically we’ll lose this 5-4” which proceed Maidenhead proceed to score 3 goals in 15 minutes to set up the most tense 20 odd minutes of football I’ve seen in years. After the game Johnson brought the pizzas over, I have to say having been to the odd Torquay games he comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke more than happy to chat with fans.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Funny you share this as went to this game with my Torquay supporting colleague, and was in the pub where this happened. An absolutely bizarre game with Torquay 4-0 up at half time, and speaking to a Torquay fan he said “typically we’ll lose this 5-4” which proceed Maidenhead proceed to score 3 goals in 15 minutes to set up the most tense 20 odd minutes of football I’ve seen in years. After the game Johnson brought the pizzas over, I have to say having been to the odd Torquay games he comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke more than happy to chat with fans.

Still great to see though, a good job [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] wasn't there :wink:

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
50 goals in 11 National League games yesterday!

FE767CCD-49D5-4B75-B4A8-1C620C2BBF3F.jpeg

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I went to watch Hayes & Yeading v Bognor in the FA Cup. A 4-3 win for the homeside.
Hayes are top of the Southern Premier (Tier 7) with 5 wins out of 5 and Bognor (Isthmian Premier, also Tier 7) are mid-table having had a mixed start to the season.
Bognor got off to a flying start, hitting the woodwork in 20 seconds and then going 1-0 up from their next attack a minute later.
H&Y then went 2-1 up before Bognor levelled on the stroke of half-time to make it 2-2. The home side scored 2 late goals before The Rocks pulled one back in stoppage time.
The game was played at a lightning pace and was very entertaining.

It's a nice ground with an impressive main stand. Unfortunately they only average crowds of about 250, with the ground being located in an industrial estate next to a Sikh temple and a major film studio. Apparently the film studio has been recently used for the filming of Line of Duty, Killing Eve and Ted Lasso.
Due to the lack of car parking space at the studios, the football club are able to rent out their car park to gain additional income. Some of the Ted Lasso training ground scenes are shot at the ground which again provides a payday. Bend It Like Beckham was also filmed at the ground.
Amongst the crowd yesterday was Matty Cash who was watching his brother who was a Hayes & Yeading substitute. He came on at right back, got absolutely roasted and was then subbed off.

The Rocks dreams of an FA Cup run binned for another year!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
For anyone looking for some decent, great value entertainment this afternoon (Sunday)......
Littlehampton v Whitehawk in the FA Cup.

It's being played on Sunday because a cricket fixture was being played there yesterday.

[tweet]1433330860720283650[/tweet]

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
went to Worthing vs Corinthian Casuals yesterday in the FA Cup

just shy of 900 there including a few who made the long trip over from the ancient greek kingdom of Corinth

Casuals opened the scoring in the opening exchanges (I think after about 3 minutes). Worthing have quite a few chances to equalise before Mo Diallo leaps like a salmon to head home and put them level.

Second half is quite open and either side could have taken the win but both goalkeepers made excellent saves

First trip to Woodside Road this season, the renovations are looking good on the north side of the ground

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I went to watch Hayes & Yeading v Bognor in the FA Cup. A 4-3 win for the homeside.
Hayes are top of the Southern Premier (Tier 7) with 5 wins out of 5 and Bognor (Isthmian Premier, also Tier 7) are mid-table having had a mixed start to the season.
Bognor got off to a flying start, hitting the woodwork in 20 seconds and then going 1-0 up from their next attack a minute later.
H&Y then went 2-1 up before Bognor levelled on the stroke of half-time to make it 2-2. The home side scored 2 late goals before The Rocks pulled one back in stoppage time.
The game was played at a lightning pace and was very entertaining.

It's a nice ground with an impressive main stand. Unfortunately they only average crowds of about 250, with the ground being located in an industrial estate next to a Sikh temple and a major film studio. Apparently the film studio has been recently used for the filming of Line of Duty, Killing Eve and Ted Lasso.
Due to the lack of car parking space at the studios, the football club are able to rent out their car park to gain additional income. Some of the Ted Lasso training ground scenes are shot at the ground which again provides a payday. Bend It Like Beckham was also filmed at the ground.
Amongst the crowd yesterday was Matty Cash who was watching his brother who was a Hayes & Yeading substitute. He came on at right back, got absolutely roasted and was then subbed off.

The Rocks dreams of an FA Cup run binned for another year!

Lovely ground from an Oatway view :D

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Littlehampton Town 4 - 5 Whitehawk in FA cup qualifying today. Sounded like a cracking match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Littlehampton Town 4 - 5 Whitehawk in FA cup qualifying today. Sounded like a cracking match.

I couldn't make it to today's game as I'd already committed to England v Andorra (yes, I know). From those I know who went, including my son, it was an absolutely brilliant end to end game with some dubious refereeing contributing to the outcome. Sounds like it could have gone either way, I was hoping for a replay so that I could have gone but it wasn't to be. A terrifc crowd of 525, too, which will dullen the pain of missing out on the prizemoney given to the winners of the tie.

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Great game to watch. Dodgy reffing giving "big" club decisions. Littlehampton easily worth a replay, with pace and great forward play.

Adam El-Abd still playing for Whitehawk, still got it at late thirties.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
16 goals in two FA Cup ties for me this weekend.
Hayes & Yeading 4 Bognor 3 and then Littlehampton Town 4 Whitehawk 5.

Both the sides I was supporting crashing out by the odd goal.

Horsham v Haywards Heath FA Cup replay tomorrow night (Tuesday) to provide the local midweek fix of action.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Game called off at Half Time up at Mile Oak this evening due to Lightning striking the Floodlights and killing the power, certainly a first for me.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Game called off at Half Time up at Mile Oak this evening due to Lightning striking the Floodlights and killing the power, certainly a first for me.
I was there too, Eastbourne far too good for Mile Oak scoring 5 in the first half without reply.

Some impressive lightning throughout and the loudest bang of thunder I have ever heard.

Be interesting to see what happens with this game. By all accounts it should get replayed but speaking to a Mile Oak official afterwards he wouldn't be against Eastbourne being awarded the win and progressing to the next round.

Have to see what the Sussex FA decide.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I was there too, Eastbourne far too good for Mile Oak scoring 5 in the first half without reply.

Some impressive lightning throughout and the loudest bang of thunder I have ever heard.

Be interesting to see what happens with this game. By all accounts it should get replayed but speaking to a Mile Oak official afterwards he wouldn't be against Eastbourne being awarded the win and progressing to the next round.

Have to see what the Sussex FA decide.

Yes that’s what I heard someone say as well, about 50 or so in attendance as well, it was a very very loud bang. I went and stood in the clubhouse/nursery for a bit and watched England Poland, and eventually got the bus home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here